Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM-the pillgramage

Default SELEM-the pillgramage

The experience is one you will not forget. Your part of a tribe. Come to the kiva. Getting to meet those who you only know on the forum in person is like getting to look behind the curtain. Very strange experience meeting someone you don’t know that you know. Can’t put it better. The variety of experiences is breathtaking. Seeing shows on a huge screen makes it all new again. Being in the company of those with the same shared interest priceless. I think it will be an experience I reflect on for a long time.

Thank you to everyone who put it together, shared with me, attended.

took the lso course. I highly recommend it. You don’t need to be a math genius.

Anyway thanks to all. Don’t take for granted that this will always exist. It’s our job to
    pass it on to the next generation as was done for us.

would I return? For sure. Two more days to go. Going to enjoy every minute.

I'm really glad you were able to attend SELEM this year, Carl! I got lots of feedback from people who were thrilled to be able to meet you in person. Evidently you've got a fan club that you didn't know about!

But yeah, you definitely hit upon some of the key attributes that make SELEM such an amazing event: "variety of experiences", "shows on a huge screen", and my personal favorite, "being in the company of those with the same shared interest". When you are among others who share your passion, it's hard to contain your excitement. (Well, for me at least!) Someone once posted that "SELEM is like a year's worth of PhotonLexicon compressed into a week". I think that's a pretty good analogy...

Happy that you were able to make the trip and experience all the fun for yourself. I also enjoyed talking tech with you off and on during the event! I just wish we didn't have to wait a year for SELEM 13!

Adam

There is always a virtual possible. Maybe not in person but we could do something.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

"Carl"?

that's a really strange way to spell "Marc"... but who am i to judge?

i do agree with all these things. we are the tribe of the illuminators and it feels so good to be in safe hands and safe spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm really glad you were able to attend SELEM this year, Carl! I got lots of feedback from people who were thrilled to be able to meet you in person. Evidently you've got a fan club that you didn't know about!

But yeah, you definitely hit upon some of the key attributes that make SELEM such an amazing event: "variety of experiences", "shows on a huge screen", and my personal favorite, "being in the company of those with the same shared interest". When you are among others who share your passion, it's hard to contain your excitement. (Well, for me at least!) Someone once posted that "SELEM is like a year's worth of PhotonLexicon compressed into a week". I think that's a pretty good analogy...

Happy that you were able to make the trip and experience all the fun for yourself. I also enjoyed talking tech with you off and on during the event! I just wish we didn't have to wait a year for SELEM 13!

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Maybe he has Kecked confused with 532w/envy Carl. Who has his own fans. If you remember after meeting you (Swammi) I called you 'Adam' -- not a 'bad' guess considering how many 'Adams' we have!!
    -- while not a big thing-- being around so many people and never hearing a 'why' or 'how come?' (about lasers) is refreshing!

ALSO I try hard to let new forum members living within, say 5 hrs from Newton how very lucky they are... and still some balk at the small fee we pay and how they would miss work! No clue how lucky they are-- & how much MORE some/most of us pay out.. and many hrs on the road...... etc
    OR IF they do come ,they are not likely to be there for 'unload -set-up' or -' take own &-load up. (or BOTH!)
    SHAME!!

SELEM 2019 WILL BE EPIC!

LEN
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-