Thread: Looking for a new laser

Default Looking for a new laser

Hi guys, im fairly new to this so i want some information on lasers and manufacturers before i go spending lots of money. i have played around in the past with quickshow and that shit program ishow with a couple of lower end laser for many years now. but what i want to do is a display on the front of my club that would display a few pictures and advertisements that i could draw up in something like beyond. so my questions are as follow??

1- what would be the best laser to get its roughly about 45mtrs to target wall from where i can mount it, i was thinking something in the 3w range may be sufficient? bearing in mind the beam would be 10 mtrs above anyones head and outdoors.
    2- where would be the best place to get such laser and software and controller in a package?
    3- would a full color laser be best or just a single color one.
    4- what speed scanner head would i need. ( writing needs to be almost perfect, unlike the ishow crap)
    5 - i currently have 2 1.5w full color lasers with 30kpps heads in them (emma brand) would they be suitable for what i need with a decent ilda controller ??

any sugestions would be great, my budget is around the 4k mark

How large do you want the projection to be? Can you paint the building white where you want to project the image? How much ambient light will there be in the area around the building where you will be projecting?

Also, you didn't mention your location... Some countries may require additional paperwork before you can legally operate such a laser display without having an operator on duty.

All that being said, a 1.5 watt RGB projector with 30K scanners drawing a 4 meter square image on a lightly-colored wall at night with minimal ambient light will be quite visible for a distance of hundreds of meters. In fact, it will be visible from even further away, but at some point the size of the image will be too small to make out fine details or text.

If you need to make the image larger, then you might need to increase the power. But projecting graphics is not nearly as power-intensive as projecting beams. Also, having a bright white surface helps a *lot* when doing graphics outdoors. So if you can re-paint part of the building, that will make a huge difference.

I suggest you perform a few experiments with the projectors you currently own (assuming your local laws permit such activity) to see if they can produce the effect you're trying to create. An all-green projector would appear much brighter, of course, but having full color might be preferable for marketing/style reasons.

Adam