Thread: LSX how to save SFX loops with PIC files for reuse in other projects?

Default LSX how to save SFX loops with PIC files for reuse in other projects?

Hi,
    I have built a few SFX loops that I want to reuse in other projects, so I have placed them together with the SFX files that comes with the program. However, unlike the included SFX loops my SFX loops seem to lose their PIC file when I include them in a new project, so I spend quite some time to reconnect the PIC files.
    I have also created a CAT file with my PIC files which I import into my new project, but the SFX loop does not seem to remember the right index number of the PIC file.
    I guess I am missing a basic thing when I am saving the SFX loop?

A few related questions:
    I am now using CMBīs suggestion of auto midi key mapping in one second slots. Is there is a snap feature in the timeline? It is a bit clunky to stretch the SFX loops to the 1 second parts.

Is it possible to control the range of an effect using MIDI? I donīt mean the expression section but the two sliders at the top. So for instance, settings where the range is 0 to 1, 0 to .5, .5 to 1, 0 to 2 etc. (but using linear or a waveform as parameter).

hc

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by HCG View Post
    Hi,
    I have built a few SFX loops that I want to reuse in other projects, so I have placed them together with the SFX files that comes with the program. However, unlike the included SFX loops my SFX loops seem to lose their PIC file when I include them in a new project, so I spend quite some time to reconnect the PIC files.
    I have also created a CAT file with my PIC files which I import into my new project, but the SFX loop does not seem to remember the right index number of the PIC file.
    I guess I am missing a basic thing when I am saving the SFX loop?
    OK so this behaviour is really subtle and not documented at all.

There appears to be a difference where you save your PICs in the catalog. If you save it in the first ten slots, it will not save with the SFX file. If you save it in a slot >10, it will save.

Best bet is to save it as a picture or animation in the animation event. See the last two tabs.

A few related questions:
    I am now using CMBīs suggestion of auto midi key mapping in one second slots. Is there is a snap feature in the timeline? It is a bit clunky to stretch the SFX loops to the 1 second parts.
    Yes, but you need to have the timeline segment activated. Events will snap to the begin and end time markers on the timeline. Also, SFX loops should be one second by default, no stretching required.

Is it possible to control the range of an effect using MIDI? I donīt mean the expression section but the two sliders at the top. So for instance, settings where the range is 0 to 1, 0 to .5, .5 to 1, 0 to 2 etc. (but using linear or a waveform as parameter).

hc
    No. You need to write them as expressions.

This expression sets midi(1) to the lower limit and midi(2) to the upper limit of a linear ramp:

midi(1) + (midi(2)-midi(1))*etime

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    OK so this behaviour is really subtle and not documented at all.

There appears to be a difference where you save your PICs in the catalog. If you save it in the first ten slots, it will not save with the SFX file. If you save it in a slot >10, it will save.

Best bet is to save it as a picture or animation in the animation event. See the last two tabs.
    wow, I would have never have figured this out on my own, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post

No. You need to write them as expressions.

This expression sets midi(1) to the lower limit and midi(2) to the upper limit of a linear ramp:

midi(1) + (midi(2)-midi(1))*etime
    Nice, just tried this out with rnd instead of etime, and it works great.