Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QM2000 hardware reaches end of life

This is indeed bad timing... Just over the holidays I finally achieved my dream and got my LD2000 upgraded to Pro.
    Was considering looking for a QM2000.Net box to become more mobile for my educational outreach shows then saw this announcement.

Not sure what to do now as I will be starting from the beginning ($$$) with the new platform.
    I was hoping that I could just buy the FB3/4 setup (Instead of a .net box) and use my Pro but as the thread clearly states that is NOT the case.

LD2000 is still a work horse for me. Guess I will be looking out for some good deals on the QM2000.net box =/

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Wonder if this will create a bounce back on the resale value of a QM? They've gotten harder and harder to sell and lower and lower in price in recent years. Not that I'm looking to sell mine, which honestly I don't use anymore but, if the second hand price started increasing back to what I paid for them, I could be tempted.
    I also feel that, if someone bought a Beyond license for the QM (particularly Ultimate) and that board was returned to Pangolin's possession, and they bought an FB4 from Pangolin to replace it, some consideration should be given to the license. It is what it is, I guess but, at that point, they've bought both pieces of hardware, one of which you've regained physical control of and, you've already been paid for the software development. The old license file is useless without the hardware, correct?
    PM Sent...

Hi LaserGuy,

I recommend reaching out directly to our sales team, explaining your situation and seeing what they can do for you. Either at 1-800-PANGOLIN or reach out to justin [at] pangolin dot com directly, and tell him I referred you.

We're doing what we can to help our clients start with the right foot forward however we can, and I hear they are making some special deals/offers that I am not at liberty to post publicly.

As always, we will continue to support the device moving forward, and your QM2000 card can as always be used in a setup as the "MASTER" license device, with other newer devices working as slaves.

However, the newer devices will NOT work with LD2000 - a QM2000 card will always be needed for that software platform.

We apologize for any inconvenience/frustration this may cause, and are doing what we can to support our clients, many of whom have been slowly transitioning over the last few years! Availability of new parts has become a problem over the last few years, and we've finally depleted most of what we were able to acquire. Even still, you'd be hard pressed to find other PC components in continuous production for twenty years! It has had a good long run for sure.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I also feel that, if someone bought a Beyond license for the QM (particularly Ultimate) and that board was returned to Pangolin's possession, and they bought an FB4 from Pangolin to replace it, some consideration should be given to the license. It is what it is, I guess but, at that point, they've bought both pieces of hardware, one of which you've regained physical control of and, you've already been paid for the software development. The old license file is useless without the hardware, correct?
    Hi Brad,

We encourage anybody in this particular scenario to reach out to us directly, off the forum. This is being handled on a case-by-case basis, and special offers (which I am not at liberty to discuss publicly) are being made for a limited time, probably for the next 90 days or so.

The problem comes when people want to keep the QM2000 to use LD2000, but also want a license for a new device, to be used for traveling setups and such. This we cannot accommodate ; IF any special offer were to be made, it would certainly involve the surrendering of the QM2000 hardware and the purchase of a new device from Pangolin.

Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I figured Pangolin would handle things like that on a case by case basis. And yes, I fully agree that keeping your QM shouldn't be an option in that scenario.
    The nice thing is you can still run all of your LD2000 content in Beyond and work with it.
    :-)
    PM Sent...