Thread: Hello - I'm Back

Default Hello - I'm Back

Greetings all.

Some of you may remember me from several years ago. Others are probably wondering WTF, who is this guy.

Anyway, I suddenly disappeared from the forum back in early 2011. I was taken to hospital following a heart attack (which was an interesting experience) and by the time I was released following a stent and angioplasty I decided to re-evaluate life and what I was doing. Spending several nights a week not sleeping and enjoying the party life, drinking and smoking loads was obviously not doing me a lot of good and I decided to retire from the entertainment industry and get a more sensible engineering job.

However, I have now been approached by an old colleague to get back into doing a few select shows a year and having missed the scene through a self imposed exile, I have decided to get my arse back into gear and dig what remains of my equipment out of storage. I realise a lot has probably happened and changed in the past 7 years, so there may be a few silly questions while I get back up to speed.

Now to see what faces are still here.

Welcome back and welcome back. Isn't it wonderful to be living at a time when a heart attack like you (and I, in 2014) had can be dealt with by doctors and medical technology and infrastructure instead of being the end of the line for us. Every day is a new life. Another chance to do what you love or at least head off in that direction.

Glad to have you back! Pretty much everyone from 2011 is still around. Good news is that things are cheaper now than they were back then.

Adam

Cheers guys.
    Glad to hear thou pulled through as well. Yes, modern surgery is superb.