Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Litchi: Another Thread for DJI Quad Owners

I'm in Chris' camp in regards to 'you get what you pay for'. A used Mavic Pro (1) goes for just over US$600 these days. I find myself more impressed with a high quality quad as more of a tool than a toy. I prefer pre-configured waypoint flights to real-time flying as I can get more cinematic-like footage by thinking through what I want the camera to point at with camera / location shifts being done subtlety by the drone itself. Here are some recent examples of those types of flight:

This one is a local water treatment plant. I just parked nearby and told it to go:

This one is my solar provider relocating some of my panels: (I'm the anxious fellow in the back corner of the yard albeit I'd be much more anxious if I were on the roof.)

And this one made the news on all the local TV channels here as we have been involved at trying to prevent a Seven-Eleven gas station from being built 150 feet away from my daughters elementary school:

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

David,
    You have a beautiful house!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    You have a beautiful house!
    Chris, if you think the outside is nice, just wait until you see his laser disco!

Amazing videos as usual, David. You really should consider getting your Part 107 license. Then you can charge people for this sort of thing. That shot of the water plant is worth money to the right city planner, for example.

Adam

I've been flying with Litchi iOS over the past 4 months with my DJI P3P. I really love setting up autonomous flights for capturing smooth, graceful video. Like you David, I was really hesitant to press the "Start" mission button on my first Waypoint & Orbit mission efforts, but after setting up and flying some very basic missions it became apparent there was little to fear as long as the flight parameters were checked and double-checked before flight.

Exporting the various saved mission types to Google Earth's KML file format bakes viewing the drone's flight path in 3D perspective very nice indeed. I am impressed with the Virtual Litchi Mission app as well for virtual flight preview using Google Earth's capabilities.

Nice videos, David

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Amazing videos as usual, David. You really should consider getting your Part 107 license. Then you can charge people for this sort of thing. That shot of the water plant is worth money to the right city planner, for example.

Adam

I 100% agree!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Exporting the various saved mission types to Google Earth's KML file format bakes viewing the drone's flight path in 3D perspective very nice indeed. I am impressed with the Virtual Litchi Mission app as well for virtual flight preview using Google Earth's capabilities.
    Wait, what? Are you saying that you can "fly" the proposed route using Google Earth imagery if you do this? Because that would be *great* for planning new flights... You could design the flight path and then "demo" it on google earth before you actually fly the route for real. (So much the better if you have a VR headset so you can experience the demo flight in 3D VR!)

Would be interested to hear more about this...

Adam

Wait, what? Are you saying that you can "fly" the proposed route using Google Earth imagery if you do this? Because that would be *great* for planning new flights... You could design the flight path and then "demo" it on google earth before you actually fly the route for real. (So much the better if you have a VR headset so you can experience the demo flight in 3D VR!)

Would be interested to hear more about this...

Adam
    Yes, that is what Virtual Litchi Mission 3rd party app does, allows one to demo the flight path in Google Earth's 3D environment. The latest version is 2.3.0, Google it.

Coooooool. I really need to check this out. I don't even have a Mavic yet (been on the fence for a while), but I love the idea of being able to pre-fly a route in VR before you do it for real.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Adam

Coooooool. I really need to check this out. I don't even have a Mavic yet (been on the fence for a while), but I love the idea of being able to pre-fly a route in VR before you do it for real.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Adam
    You don't need a Mavic (although t'would be nice to have) to use it. I use it with my P3P.

Here is a nice tutorial on how to set it up and use it.
    Haven't tried it myself yet.
    https://forum.dji.com/thread-142844-1-1.html

Chris