Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark IV! (Utila) March 13-23 2019 Registration details

This is the year that I was planning on going, but with a new laserist is set to make his debut at the end of February/ begining of march, I'm not goign to be able to make it...

Default Laser projectors?

Are you all planning to bring projectors again? I know Bradfo hit a carry on snag returning.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm giving it some consideration, as we are still doing shows there. As much as we want RGB, I'd much prefer to put the 7 watt 520 in the suitcase. Still a ton of "bang" but a lot easer to transport than the 12 watt.
    PM Sent...

You guys have had a (fill in the blank) affect on me. I am seriously considering taking my X-laser Mobile Beat Mirage down to Bonaire next week. Just to do some shows at night for the 14 people on our dive trip and others at the resort. The only downside is I'd have to pack it in a flight case (I already have) and pay $40 baggage fee each way. So tempting.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Oh do it. You only live once and it's only money. Surprised you couldn't squeeze the Mirage into a suitcase wrapped in your clothes though. But, I guess you also have to factor scuba gear.
    PM Sent...

I probably could put it in my carry-on. But not sure I want to risk security like we did in Utila.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm giving it some consideration, as we are still doing shows there. As much as we want RGB, I'd much prefer to put the 7 watt 520 in the suitcase. Still a ton of "bang" but a lot easer to transport than the 12 watt.
    Wow! 7 watt green! I have a 2 watt 532nm I got from XLaser that I was planning to build a wide scanning green only projector with. No where near 7 watts though! I was looking for cases that were optical deck over heatsink but tight in size and I never found what I was looking for.

Makes sense and seems easy.

I can't imagine the state of the projectors that live on island that we used before now given the island life of the hardware!

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    You guys have had a (fill in the blank) affect on me. I am seriously considering taking my X-laser Mobile Beat Mirage down to Bonaire next week. Just to do some shows at night for the 14 people on our dive trip and others at the resort. The only downside is I'd have to pack it in a flight case (I already have) and pay $40 baggage fee each way. So tempting.
    Is the Mirage the small single mode projector?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Is the Mirage the small single mode projector?
    yes. the little ones adam was selling like crack at selem. great little projectors for the price.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    yes. the little ones adam was selling like crack at selem. great little projectors for the price.
    Ah okay, yea I missed out on that one.