Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark IV! (Utila) March 13-23 2019 Registration details

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Dude! I might do that with you. $550? Heck yea. Now I just have to figure out where LaGuardia is.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Dude! I might do that with you. $550? Heck yea. Now I just have to figure out where LaGuardia is.

If you're serious and driving to LGA, I HIGHLY recommend any of the off-airport parking garages very close to the airport. It's usually about $15 to $18 per day. A lot less than on-site parking, with free and quick shuttles to the airport. I've used this site with great success: https://www.airportparkingreservatio...ate=2018-10-10

P.S. The AA flight is actually $600 if you don't want 2-stops and a red-eye on the return flight. And $30 per checked bag. So if you check two bags each way (scuba gear and one laser), that's $120. First class is $993. So to upgrade to first class, is only $136 additional each way. Hint hint.

Since the number of miles increased by 666 since earlier today, I just went ahead and book this itinerary. AA has flights leaving LGA to MIA at 7:30am and 8:15am. Both catch the connection at 1:00pm to SAP. I choose the earlier 7:15am flight just to give a little additional buffer to catch the 1:00pm flight to SAP.

So I'm on flight: 1530+120 to SAP and 121+360 back to LGA.

edit: 1 seat left!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.58.20 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	54639

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    How many Avianca crashes have you heard about?
    It's not a crash that I'm worried about! Plane crashes are pretty rare these days.

No, my concerns are centered around their schedule (what happens if they cancel, or if I miss my connection because they're late) and their baggage policies (if I bring a projector I don't want a repeat of what happened in 2017).

Re: Charter flight... I think you're thinking of the flight to La Ceiba that goes through the mountains. The flight path from SAP to Utila probably goes north-north-east to the shore and then over water.
    Ah. Good point. OK, so even in a small plane they could easily make it. That works. If you do get pricing info on the charter from Rich, please let me know. In principle if it's the same as the Sosa flight (or the CM flight), then why not go with the charter, right? So long as they are OK with the baggage, that is. (Primarily thinking about the SCUBA equipment and laser projectors here.)

That being said, I actually like the idea of taking the CM flight compared to the Sosa flight. For one, CM airlines flies bigger planes. And second, it's a direct hop to Utila (no stopping in La Ceiba).

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    It's not a crash that I'm worried about! Plane crashes are pretty rare these days.

No, my concerns are centered around their schedule (what happens if they cancel, or if I miss my connection because they're late) and their baggage policies (if I bring a projector I don't want a repeat of what happened in 2017).
    Ah, great points, I hadn't considered. Now I'm glad I booked on AA.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    f you do get pricing info on the charter from Rich, please let me know. In principle if it's the same as the Sosa flight (or the CM flight), then why not go with the charter, right? So long as they are OK with the baggage, that is. (Primarily thinking about the SCUBA equipment and laser projectors here.)

That being said, I actually like the idea of taking the CM flight compared to the Sosa flight. For one, CM airlines flies bigger planes. And second, it's a direct hop to Utila (no stopping in La Ceiba).
    Yeah, the CM flight is a no-brainer since there's no stop-over and it's only 30 minutes SAP->Utila. And yes, they are bigger planes, so baggage shouldn't be a problem.

If we have enough people for the charter to price it even close to the standard price, sure, let's do that. I'll post the info as soon as I get it from Rich.

Also -- Brad -- they now have a $600 flight on the same itinerary as I have -- that wasn't there yesterday (it's $993 first class)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	54642
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 10-11-2018 at 09:43.

~715ish out of Dulles (DC area) to Roatan.

Probably taxes and bag fees as well.

Default Watching flights

Brain and I are not going to be part of the early bookings. But I’m going to watch the flight Incase there is a price drop. Please let us know if the trip fills up with scuba students.

As I said at LDI, you and Brian will be missed!

So is it just four people so far? Buffo, Brad, Telmnstr, and me?

What about Platinum, danielbriggs, CountFunkula, hitekvoop?

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    What about Platinum, danielbriggs, CountFunkula, hitekvoop?
    If I go, it will be last-minute. I work full time and I already took a ton of time off to do a gig, last month.

I'm trying to figure something out, to make it happen. Maybe I'll get a big gig, just in time.

J

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    If I go, it will be last-minute. I work full time and I already took a ton of time off to do a gig, last month.
    Yeah, and they're waiting for you to go pick up all the gear you left behind!

https://www.rgj.com/story/life/arts/...rt/1304974002/

Caught a break with American Airlines today.

My previous AA flight into SAP was a really tight connection got in to SAP at 1:30pm and the CM Airlines flight to Utila is at 3pm. So if the incoming flight was delayed even a little, and it takes too long to clear customs/immigration, I could potentially miss my 3pm flight to Utila.

But American just changed the incoming flight to get in to SAP an hour earlier -- 12:30pm, so now I have a 2.5 hour layover in SAP which, barring any unforeseen problems, should be plenty of time to make the Utila flight.

So who else is going? I'm looking at you danielbriggs, CountFunkula, and hitekvoop.