Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DAC_ILDA - using multi-channel audio interface to ILDA

​You can add Linux and Mac OSX to the list of LaserBoy operating systems. But you need to compile the source code (pretty easy).
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

LWave is not true real time, but lots of things can be done on the fly since the wave player it utilizes allows a wave file to be rewritten in mid-play many
    times over without missing a beat (as long as you don't change sample rate or duration mid-run).

LSX supports sound card DACs, and I think Mamba Black does as well. (At least the earlier versions did, not sure about 3.0 and up.)

Really, as long as the laser show software supports 3rd party frame buffers you should be able to use a sound card DAC with it (plus the EZaudDAC driver). Getting it working within the ever-changing Windows OS environment, however, is another story...

Adam

There is a Windows 10 driver for the C Media 6206, a very nice and commonly used USB 7.1 (8 channel) audio DAC chip.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?...12574#msg12574
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    There is a Windows 10 driver for the C Media 6206, a very nice and commonly used USB 7.1 (8 channel) audio DAC chip.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?...12574#msg12574
    If you have a clean Win 10 system, you're best off not to install any driver, just let Windows detect it (the optical digital out won't work this way, but you won't need it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    If you have a clean Win 10 system, you're best off not to install any driver, just let Windows detect it (the optical digital out won't work this way, but you won't need it anyway).
    I think the default setting in Windows 10 is for 5.1 (6 channels). Have you tried to play an 8 channel wave with audio in channels 7 & 8?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I think the default setting in Windows 10 is for 5.1 (6 channels). Have you tried to play an 8 channel wave with audio in channels 7 & 8?
    Yes, I just re-checked my Win 10 tablet and it works just fine with the cheap 8ch USB adapter. In my trials I've found the default driver that comes with Win 7 thru 10 work
    just fine (you just don't have SPDIF). You'll have to reboot your machine once Windows detects and installs its own generic driver and then set your sound config to 8ch in
    the Control Panel. Also, you have to repeat this process if you plug the adapter into a different USB port on your machine. The trouble comes when you take it upon yourself
    to install some other driver that does not work- Windows will then see that as the preferred driver (even if you uninstall it) and it's a mighty pain in the Paducah to get back
    to the generic driver from there.

Isn't it just a matter of using the driver's uninstall app and then making sure the ini file is also deleted?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Isn't it just a matter of using the driver's uninstall app and then making sure the ini file is also deleted?
    Maybe, I'm not sure- I would just go deep into Control Panel and choose 'let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' option. I know a simple driver uninstall doesn't cut it.

We may be a little off topic here but to remove the settings for the sound card you have to right click the card in device manager and choose "uninstall" then select the option to delete the software. After that you have to delete the C:\Windows\cm106.ini file and reboot with the device unplugged. Then you have to delete the configuration settings in the registry.

The "howto" i wrote over at the laserboy forum will always work in windows 10 without relying on microsoft to supply the proper driver. The biggest issue with a M$ supplied driver is that they can update it without warning in windows 10. They will not update a third party driver the same way.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group