Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DAC_ILDA - using multi-channel audio interface to ILDA

Default He's back!

Wow - where have you been for the last 7 years, Alec?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wow - where have you been for the last 7 years, Alec?

Adam
    Moved a few times, changed jobs, Had a flood destroy all my lasers and equipment, got married, honeymoon, moved to Colorado, bought a house in Fort Collins. went to a laser show at the Fort Collins museum of discovery, noticed their laser projector needed a galvo tuning, did that and ended up replacing the green DPSS in their other projector (currently sitting next to me), fixed the Windows 10 8 channel sound card problem....
    Last edited by keeperx; 11-13-2018 at 12:25.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    Had a flood destroy all my lasers and equipment
    OUCH! Hope it was insured, pal... (Even so, it would still suck.)

Congratulations on getting married though! Hope life is treating you well in Colorado. Nice that they have a laser show that is local to you now! All the more so if you can work with them to keep it alive.

Good to see you back here. (Been a while!)

Adam

Nope, none of it was insured. Just had to start over. James sent me a sound card dac and I have been playing with the DIscovery Centers projector. Feel free to donate equipment to "Get Alec's photons flying again" fund

That's not just any old sound card DAC. It's a genuine LaserBoy DAC!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I believe that would be implied with the words "James sent me"

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    LSX supports sound card DACs, and I think Mamba Black does as well. (At least the earlier versions did, not sure about 3.0 and up.)
    I was a long time Mamba Black user from v0.9 through MIII, but I don't recall anything other than Medialas DACs (Hyperport, Netport and Quickport) being an option. I could certainly be wrong, but I don't have a manual for the older versions handy to check.

Regarding LSX, officially supported DACs include: EtherDream, RIYA, Moncha, Moncha.net, Fiesta, Easylase, Netlase, LDS, OLSD, QM2K, Lumax, Mamba, and LaserDock. Are any of these soundcard DACs? If not, maybe Andrew did something at some point.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Regarding LSX, officially supported DACs include: EtherDream, RIYA, Moncha, Moncha.net, Fiesta, Easylase, Netlase, LDS, OLSD, QM2K, Lumax, Mamba, and LaserDock. Are any of these soundcard DACs? If not, maybe Andrew did something at some point.

-David
    Long ago Andrew created EzAudDac, a DLL that uses the protocols of the EasyLase DAC driver to drive a modified sound card- any app that can drive an EasyLase can be tricked into driving a sound card with it.

https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...light=EzAudDac

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Long ago Andrew created EzAudDac, a DLL that uses the protocols of the EasyLase DAC driver to drive a modified sound card- any app that can drive an EasyLase can be tricked into driving a sound card with it.

https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...light=EzAudDac
    Ahhh, thanks for clearing up that blank spot in my memory (one of many!).

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Yep - what Dean said.

Officially Mamba never came out and said "our stuff will work with a sound-card DAC", but lots of people (including me) got it running using the modified EasyLase driver. Same goes for the other packages listed as compatible with a sound-card DAC.

For the record, Mamba does officially support the QM-2000 though, in addition to the other controllers listed. (I've actually tested the QM drivers myself.)

Adam