Thread: Need help scanner tuning

Default Need help scanner tuning

Hi there folks,

I'm trying to get my halloween show together, and I was planning to use my 'pelican case' projector, which used to be Buffo's Alphalite homebuilt laser.

I finally had a chance to get the lasers aligned properly, but now it's a parallelogram with all the test patterns (see images). The test patterns from Beyond work perfectly when plugged into another projector, so this is definitely a problem with this projector. This projector used to be perfectly aligned/tuned, so I have no idea how this happened. I certainly didn't change any of the scanner pots, and all the optics are still solid and not moved around.

What do you think could have went wrong, and how can I fix this?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8252.jpg  

IMG_8253.jpg  

IMG_8256.jpg  

Nevermind. I have no idea what happened.

I moved Beyond to my Win 7 PC (instead of Win10 on a Mac with Parallels) and it's working now.

What's really strange is that while I was running that test pattern on the MacBook, I simply moved the IDLA cable to another projector (x-laser), and it was perfect. Then back on the Alphalite, it was skewed. Nothing else changed.

Ok, another nevermind. I tracked it down to a faulty ILDA cable. What's strange is the cable works great on the x-laser. No problems. Use the same cable on the pelican box, and it's distorted as in the photos above.

If I swap cables, no change on the x-laser, but the pelican starts working with the 'better' cable.

Oh, but if I use the bad cable on Win7, it works again.

Strange.