Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FB4 ESTOP how are people doing it?

Default FB4 ESTOP how are people doing it?

Finally got a pair of FB4's. Wondering how people are implementing estops? Can the unused LAN pairs be used? Also wonder if anyone has used the FB4 shutter output to power the estop chain? The manual says "pwm" shutter output. Have not dug in deep enough to figure it out yet.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Finally got a pair of FB4's. Wondering how people are implementing estops? Can the unused LAN pairs be used? Also wonder if anyone has used the FB4 shutter output to power the estop chain? The manual says "pwm" shutter output. Have not dug in deep enough to figure it out yet.

TIA
    Take alook at standwax PCB
    https://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/ilda...-fb4-632-p.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Laserpower View Post
    We do similarly. We have our own PCB that mounts to the FB4 and serves to implement all of the required compliance features as well as adapts the FB4 connections to what we use in our projectors.

The shutter signal on the FB4 (both the one in the color connector and the PWM output) is equivalent to the ILDA shutter signal, so it's not suitable for E-stop usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserpower View Post
    Looks perfect. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aberry View Post

The shutter signal on the FB4 (both the one in the color connector and the PWM output) is equivalent to the ILDA shutter signal, so it's not suitable for E-stop usage.
    That is what I needed to know. Thanks.

Is anybody wiring the estop/ start through the cat5 cable? Seem like a ethercon connector could be added to the projector that breaks out the unused pairs for the estop loop and restart button. Then a stagebox with ethercon that connects to network switch outputs for data and bypasses the network switch to a ethercon input for estop. Also a xlr could be on the stage box for stage mushroom stop. Then a small box at the computer that breaks out the estop signals for mushroom switch there.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Is anybody wiring the estop/ start through the cat5 cable? Seem like a ethercon connector could be added to the projector that breaks out the unused pairs for the estop loop and restart button. Then a stagebox with ethercon that connects to network switch outputs for data and bypasses the network switch to a ethercon input for estop. Also a xlr could be on the stage box for stage mushroom stop. Then a small box at the computer that breaks out the estop signals for mushroom switch there.
    Yep, we do this, so does Arctos. Arctos I think is just an interlock loop. Ours have interlock, reset, and remote emission indicators, and the interface is electrically isolated and protected. We have a custom Ethernet switch with two external ports built-in that passes the compliance signals through, so the projectors can be daisy chained off of one network+interlock cable just like DMX.

For the control end, we have E-stop pendant boxes that split off the network connection to run to your PC or console. We have some new hardware in the works for bigger setups.

We do similarly. We have our own PCB that mounts to the FB4 and serves to implement all of the required compliance features as well as adapts the FB4 connections to what we use in our projectors.

Not quite the same..... You can buy the board from stanwax at his online shop but i can,t find it in Xlaser shop.

I have a ferrari , great but i can,t buy it so not that interesting.....

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Well the original question was "How are people doing this?" not "Where can I buy something to do this?" and I think Andrew answered along those lines.

Not every post from a manufacturer has to be trying to sell something. Sometimes we just want to be part of the community and share a bit.

I’ve never done shows outside my house. Does the Estop kill power like a tool or drop a shutter in place? Seems the shutter would be the most full proof. I have zero experience with these so sorry if this question sounds Nieve because it is

Implementation changes from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some (fortunately not many) kill power, others drop a shutter, others shunt modulation inputs to ground. Many ways to skin the cat.

Thanks for the reply. Just not something I've come across. I think the shutter is the best. Can't do better then a physical barrier. Grounding the inputs still leaves the possibility of a ground loop or a failed driver though a failed driver likely would take out the diode. But then if the shutter didn't work.... so Maybe best to do both and ground inputs and use a shutter. For grounding the inputs I assume you use a relay or dg333a style switch. You would not want to actual short the inputs to ground as that shorts the outputs of the device feeding it to ground. Guess you could put a resistor in there to help that and eliminate the relays.....nevermind....the interlock on the driver got it...