Thread: Wobbulators for sale

Default Wobbulators for sale

Greetings all;

Announcing the new wobbsite:

http://wobbsite.com

The Wobbulator enables laser graphics projectors to project lumia, diffraction, and scan-through effects. This is a bolt-on or strap-on device that attaches to the front of your projector, just in front of the aperture.

As seen in the movie Hereditary and at the Lumia presentation at ILDA 2018 in Montreal.

Don’t forget that Christmas is coming; imagine the happy smiles on your kids’ faces when they unwrap their gift and say “Gee Dad, it’s a Wobbulator!"

Cheers...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Nice job! Lumia with modulation.

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Greetings all;

Announcing the new wobbsite:

http://wobbsite.com

The Wobbulator enables laser graphics projectors to project lumia, diffraction, and scan-through effects. This is a bolt-on or strap-on device that attaches to the front of your projector, just in front of the aperture.

As seen in the movie Hereditary and at the Lumia presentation at ILDA 2018 in Montreal.

Don’t forget that Christmas is coming; imagine the happy smiles on your kids’ faces when they unwrap their gift and say “Gee Dad, it’s a Wobbulator!"

Cheers...Mike

Reminds me of the "Wonkavator"!

How much will you be selling them for?

Adam

Default Flawed design can't start from slow speed using geared motor and PWM drive

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Nice job! Lumia with modulation.
    Using PWM and a D.C. geared motor with a variable voltage power supply will not allow enough torque to start the geared motor at slow speed. I noted that problem Mike stated in his documentation web page " http://wobbsite.com/docs.html ".

If you change the design using a very small step angle "Stepper Motor" and a variable clock drive to drive the stepper motor driver electronics, then you eliminate the insufficient torque problem when starting at slow speed. I have done so with about $80 worth of parts ( total parts, excluding labor) and can smoothly vary the Lumia wheel rotation speed from zero to about 1/2 RPM (which is a bit fast for nice dreamy Lumia effects).
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Default Wobbulator PWM vs. Stepper

Good suggestion! I have been meaning to get into steppers for a while, will definitely address this in the future.

For the moment, simplicity of design and cost considerations are the main motivations for the current design.

I find that with a 3-12VDC controller set to the lowest setting, the resulting lumia is just right for the majority of users.
    And at this speed, the motor will start up successfully.

As to price, as stated (in admittedly small print) on the site, The Wobbulator is $600. This gets you a unit, a disc, a variable power supply, and a custom heavy-duty cable.

Extra and different discs are $30. There will be a diffraction disc and a plastic disc that duplicates the Hereditary hall effect.
    And some minimal discs that add a wobble to a logo, etc.

I expect to ship the first units by the Jan. 1.

I'm in the process of making a user guide video now, and will have additional photos of the various discs up on the Wobbsite soon.

Thanks!
    Runs with Lasers