Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 0.99 laser - Technifor marking system

... depending on the interface and drivers BeamConstruct could be the best way to drive them.

I'm using the E1701D controller with my fiber-lasers and either directly from the E1701D or from an additional self developed "CNC-slave" controlled rotating and linear axes.

Actually assembling another device for a customer with a blue 6W-diode (with "beam-shaping" to get it symmetric and fine enough to be usable with the galvo-head), where the head sits above an XY stage with roughly 300x200mm moving range - and too an automatic height-sensor controlled "focus shifter" will adjust the Z-height of the galvo head for varying part heights ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    I think maybe we were looking for photos, or a link, or something, so we can see what you picked up! At least, I'd like to see...
    Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I've managed to get the control unit running; it appears the original fault may have been a loose terminal on the laser diode leads.
    Trying to drive this thing with BeamConstruct isn't working as it doesn't appear to use any of the standard hardware supported. There's another variant of this thing that has Ethernet, the XY100, and it uses a print driver, but my controller doesn't have Ethernet and there's no obvious place on the controller card for an Ethernet connection. The only connection to the PC is via RS232 and I've yet to get any response over that apart from 2 characters at boot up.

After lots of digging, I've found a document that covers the programming of another Technifor unit; I tried some of the commands and have managed to get responses from the unit. So I now have some idea of the commands, but no clue as to whether this is proprietary or a standard; I've put one of the code samples from the manual below to see if anyone recognises it.

7.1.1 "Linear" marking

Code:
    <Esc>PB999<CR>            Start of program number 999
    <Esc>O<CR>                            Marking head return to origin position
    <Esc>BB<CR>                           Beginning of a block
    <Esc>MN<CR>                          Normal marking
    <Esc>CC100<CR>                      No compression or expansion
    <Esc>TA50<CR>                       Size : 5 mm.
    <Esc>J2<CR>                           Force Code : 2 (= solemoid valves 1 and 2)
    <Esc>M100 100<CR>                 Coordinates X =10 mm. and Y=10 mm.
    <Esc>PO0<CR>                         Selection of character font : 0
    <Esc>SC100<CR>                      Spacing between characters : 100%
    <Esc>ETECHNIFOR<CR>              Text marked : TECHNIFOR
    <Esc>O<CR>                            Marking head return to origin position
    <Esc>PE999<CR>                      End of program number 999

7.1.2 "Circular" marking

Code:
    <Esc>PB999<CR>             Start of program number 999
    <Esc>O<CR>                   Marking head return to origin position
    <Esc>BB<CR>                  Beginning of a block
    <Esc>MN<CR>                 Normal marking
    <Esc>CC100<CR>             No compression or expansion
    <Esc>TA50<CR>              Size : 5 mm.
    <Esc>J2<CR>                  Force Code : 2 (=solenoid valves 1 and 2)
    <Esc>PO0<CR>                Selection of character font : 0
    <Esc>SC100<CR>             Spacing between characters : 100%
    <Esc>MC400 400 200 1800 1 2 1 1 100<CR>
                                        Marking of a circle with center coordinates
                                        X=40mm ,Y=40mm,radius =20mm.
                                        Start marking angle = 180°. Marking in
                                        clockwise direction,
                                        outside the leaning circle. Normal characters
                                        in relation to the horizontal
                                        and the vertical axis, no expansion.
    <Esc>ETECHNIFOR<CR>    Text marked : TECHNIFOR
    <Esc>O<CR>                   Marking head return to origin position
    <Esc>PE999<CR>             End of program number 999