Thread: Spiricon LBA-200 Beam Analyzer

Default Spiricon LBA-200 Beam Analyzer

Hi all

I've just obtained a Spiricon lba-200 Laser Beam Analyser. Unfortunately, there is no beam sensor with the unit.

Would anyone happen to have a spare sensor unit kicking around that they would be prepared to part with? I'd love to get this working again.

I could also use a manual if anyone has a copy please.

Many thanks in advance.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Just start emailing Spiricon USA and be patient.... They are wonderful on supporting old gear as best as they can. Sensor is usually a high end, rebranded, commercial CCD camera... Often there is a list of applicable cameras in the manual. The idea is to buy a LARGE FORMAT B&W camera with well known and precise pixel sizes... Then have a good pile of high end filter glass ND filters or variable density wheels...

I've had a LBA 1000 and a LBA-300, and both used a CCD camera putting out NTSC or PAL. .. I'm guessing you might be happy starting with a 1/2" format TM-6 camera by JAI / Pulnix… Preferably the TM-6 or TM-7 version you can build a switchbox to set the shutter speeds with. (Usually 75$ on Ebay) But contact Ophir Spiricon in case I'm guessing wrong...

Basically it is a specialized frame grabber with some serious math in the software and deep bit depth on the A/D converter... Although they do/did make other types of systems using pyro-electric or rotating sensors.

In most cases you can move the camera a meter or so, or add an automated moving lens unit and get divergence as well as profile, Gaussian fit, and usually M Squared..

"This thread is useless without pictures"

Don't burn the camera sensor, 007...

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-27-2019 at 18:03.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thanks Steve

Good information, i'll try emailing them. First thing I need is the manual, I'll then pop a screen on it to see if it fires up. If it looks as though it's showing signs of life I'll then start working on finding a camera.

It'd be quite cool to get this thing up and running.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001