Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another newbie, question about usb dmx dongle

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post

LaserBoy deals with colors very well. But your projector only makes 7. The reason why some ild files work and some don't is because there are 4 different kinds. Your projector only reads format 0, 3D frames with an assumed pallet of 63 colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerilyng View Post

Sally is NOT working
    Schroeder is working - this came from LasershowGen
    Sally is ILD fmt 5- 2D 24 bit color. LB can reduce to palette and it saves as ILD fmt 1- 2D palette.

Schroeder is fmt 0- 3D Palette. LaserBoy sees it as 2D???

As I suspected. Sally is ILDA format 5 24-bit color. Schroeder is ILDA format 1 with the proper default palette of 63 colors.

Like I said. Load the file and go into the p menu to see the palettes.
    Last edited by james; 12-06-2018 at 18:16.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It is possible to make an ilda format 0 with all zeros stored in the z coordinates. When LaserBoy opens a file like this it checks it and says nope. This is really 2D format 1. At least 1 z value has to be non zero in order to save a frame as format 0 in LaserBoy.

The chil effect actually moves a 2D image away from zero on the z axis so it will save as format 0. It also adds a lot of dwell points at both ends of every lit segment.
    Last edited by james; 12-06-2018 at 19:13.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

The chil effect actually moves a 2D image away from zero on the z axis so it will save as format 0. It also adds a lot of dwell points at both ends of every lit segment.
    Your chil effect appears to be busted in this rev. The 2-23-15 ver seems to work.

Please elaborate. Never mind. I see it doesn't move away from z. I'll look at it tomorrow.
    Last edited by james; 12-06-2018 at 19:36.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Please elaborate.
    The 2-23-15 ver resaved schr.ild to fmt 0 with the chil effect even though it saw it as 2D.

OK. Try this one.

New version alert!

http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip

Here's what you do:
    Open LaserBoy. Go to menu i to input. Choose 7 wtf. Type ctn [Enter]. All of your settings in LB are now setup to optimize frames for SD card readers.
    Open your frames. Go into menu h frame transforms. Hit S (capital s) to optimize all frames.
    Hit o to output. 1 for ild. Choose a directory. Hit 5 for ild generate and save frame set effect. Type chil [Enter].
    Name your output file, [Enter].
    Open your file to see what you got.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by james; 12-07-2018 at 13:58.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

OK. Try this one.

New version alert!

http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip

Here's what you do:
    Open LaserBoy. Go to menu i to input. Choose 7 wtf. Type ctn [Enter]. All of your settings in LB are now setup to optimize frames for SD card readers.
    Open your frames. Go into menu h frame transforms. Hit S (capital s) to optimize all frames.
    Hit o to output. 1 for ild. Choose a directory. Hit 5 for ild generate and save frame set effect. Type chil [Enter].
    Name your output file, [Enter].
    Open your file to see what you got.
    Looks like the chil effect is back online not sure why you ran an optimize on Sally.ild though. Good work!

I opened Sally_2 and it's not working either. I will try these steps and see where I can get with them. ;-)

Well I can tell you that neither one of your original files was made in LaserBoy.

Sally.ild is tagged
    frame name = Ir. Zoof
    frame owner = PLEXICON

Schr.ild is tagged
    frame name = LSGen
    frame owner = Gitle M
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials