Thread: Align a rgb laser.

Default Align a rgb laser.

Hello.

I have two Laserworld ds 3000 RGB.
    The first one is a perfect white and the other one has a red beam going a little bit offset.

With this model i cant change power for each beam.
    Therefore i wont align it until i have a way to lowering the power somehow.

Is there any trick to lowering the power of each module?

Thanks in advance
    /Fredrik

I have now read the ilda protocol.
    It says that ilda includes intencity for rgb.

But is that real intencity or does that mean just on and off?

/F

Depends on the lasers in your unit and your DAC/software. Do they support analogue modulation? If so then you can adjust them from 0-100% intensity and anything in between. Some projectors have a manual adjustment on the back too.

Edit: Yes, the DS-3000RGB does have analogue modulation, you should be able to adjust the output in software.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    Depends on the lasers in your unit and your DAC/software. Do they support analogue modulation? If so then you can adjust them from 0-100% intensity and anything in between. Some projectors have a manual adjustment on the back too.

Edit: Yes, the DS-3000RGB does have analogue modulation, you should be able to adjust the output in software.

Ok. Thank you for that info. I notice that i have lot to learn about lasers and it is interesting. =)

If i had a measure instrument. How low power do you align your beams at? 5 mw?
    or do you just set the lowest possible power output before aligning?

Thanks a lot
    / Fredrik

Which controller are you using to run the projector? You should be able to reduce the brightness in the software for your controller.

Typically people will turn the brightness down in the software until the laser spots are just visible as they hit the dichros. Then you do your initial alignment. Near field is the alignment of the dots on the dichro faces, far field is the alignment of the dots (scanned lines) on the wall. Once everything looks good at varying distances from the projector, you need to increase the brightness back to maximum in the software. Often when you do this the laser spot size will "bloom" a bit, which may force you to re-adjust your alignment.

So with the power all the way up you need to re-verify your alignment at varying distances from the projector. And if you have to adjust the alignment with the power turned up, it is strongly advisable to wear broad-band laser safety glasses. If your projector is rated for 3 watts total output, you want goggles that will provide a minimum of 3 orders of magnitude brightness reduction.

Adam