Thread: DIY Lumia video

Default DIY Lumia video

Hey there folks! I made a short video covering the absolute basics of lumia. It touches on the history of lumia, how it works and a few ways to make lumia tools yourself inexpensively.

Frankly, there's likely nothing in this video the crowd here would learn from since it's so basic, but my hope is that it's a good overview to the art form that helps to get new people interested. If you can, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k-EjRz6DPA

Well done you

I think that's an excellent introduction that comes across very professionally.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Very nicely done.
    PM Sent...

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback and you checking it out

Hey Adam! This was a great introduction to lumia / laser lumia. You sounded like a cross between a hypnotist and Carl Sagan . . very soothing, yet very informative. The extensive links you put in the video will be of great use to folks that want to get started.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thumbs up Greg Southerland (Displaser) would get a kick out of this...

I love the part where he goes for the 500 ml bottle of water... I'm thinking, "He's going to chug it, isn't he?" Yup, sho 'nuff!

I agree it was a great video. Nice, relaxed pace, great visuals, and some cool back-story that I was completely unaware of. (Who knew it went back that far?)

Also, I have to admit that I never really knew what people meant when they said they used "the epoxy method". I always assumed they just lumped the glue on the plastic sheet and let it dry in clumps like bumpy shower glass. But now that I understand it's more about scoring the lines in the almost-set epoxy, I can see how it would make for some really cool effects. Guess I'll have to give that a try at some point.

Adam

PS: Hack-A-Day found your video and posted it! https://hackaday.com/2018/12/22/expe...-and-easy-way/

Default excellent work

Very well done-will share with MANY. ty hak<br>ps<br><br>you may have a future in Voice Over work.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 01-13-2019 at 16:56.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-