Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drawing tablets

They only respond to the pens so yeah you can rest your hand on it.

I just watched a bunch of videos on Wacom tablets. Amazing but supper pricey. I think for laser it’s all overkill, and will try the first suggestion first. Heck can’t even use the thick thin lines options in laser so why bother. I do how ever love the idea of the pen computer running 3dsmax and beyond and lax all on one tablet on my lap running shows. Not 3k worth of love.

the pen monitor for 300-500 is perfect.

I received it today. Seems pretty nice. It worked right out of the box without me installing the drivers for it yet but did mess around with it in inkscape and that 3d paint program that came with windows. Can use the pen to control windows as well so it will probably work with anything. The screen is pretty nice looking, doesnt feel cheap, and comfortable to use in your lap or on the stand. Was kinda weird at first using it I kept thinking by resting my hand on the screen or touching the screen it was going to do something I didnt want it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by aktopjian View Post
    I received it today. Seems pretty nice. It worked right out of the box without me installing the drivers for it yet but did mess around with it in inkscape and that 3d paint program that came with windows. Can use the pen to control windows as well so it will probably work with anything. The screen is pretty nice looking, doesnt feel cheap, and comfortable to use in your lap or on the stand. Was kinda weird at first using it I kept thinking by resting my hand on the screen or touching the screen it wasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	19202323-08D6-4DE6-A8F7-7588560282F3.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	54918 going to do something I didnt want it to do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E90BA70-23D9-42E8-A35B-A598A8EC71FE.png 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	54917

Turns out my iPad with pencil works for me. Here’s some examples.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E6A440E-C64C-4384-8454-C97B4F2275EF.png 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	54916marvin was a trace. The other two freehand. Not bad for just starting.

Did you free-hand Marvin the Martian? Because that looks amazing!

Adam

No that was a trace same with warrior. Only freehand was the chameleon. Loooong way to go but I’m on the road and driving. I did however color it by hand.

Don't use beyond to draw in.. use other software to draft.. laser point data should be clean not draft... unless your content is of minimal detail and that's the end result you want..
    See the beyond drawing tools more as a post processing thing.. use drawing software like paint tool sai to do what you need.

On topic of the tablet: Wacom cintiq all the way

However if you are on a tight budget on gearbest a lot of low cost/cheap external tablet screens have popped up.

What software do you suggest and how do you import to laser? Tracit?

no tracers.. tracers suck.. do it by hand.

So draw the art in some external program and than trace it by hand in beyond? My query is how to get what you draw into a format laser programs can read. So say I draw in photoshop. How do I export into laser. It’s the final step I am unsure of and why I’ve been drawing in beyond...which is not easy. I wish pangolin would spend some time upgrading this function to a more robust system but then I doubt many use it and just drop cues so not much money to be made. Did I miss a v3ctorvartbimport or such in beyond....bet I did!