Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non liner analog modulation

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Did you test it with a meter to determine if it had plateaus? Also, I've never seen a 532nm that didn't jellybean at the very low end. In any case, a tiny 520nm diode as opposed to a big 532nm/473nm DPSS with TECs and tiny fans screaming away? No contest, IMO. That said, my 473nm DPSS units had beautifully tight beams. Definitely blowing away the 450nm/473nm single mode diodes.

That green you found is intriguing. Its half the price of a single mode 520nm diode and has about the same output. I wonder how challenging it would be to combine two in this configuration.

Where did you find a 473nm single mode diode? I did not know they had them at that wavelength, the closest I have is 490nm and so love that color, I have a 473 DPSS but only does about 4mw and the beam looks horrible, don't know if that is the pump failing or a crystal problem?
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Where did you find a 473nm single mode diode? I did not know they had them at that wavelength, the closest I have is 490nm and so love that color, I have a 473 DPSS but only does about 4mw and the beam looks horrible, don't know if that is the pump failing or a crystal problem?
    About a year ago, there was a batch of ~473nm diodes that were sold. I don't recall the backstory exactly, but they appeared to be a one-off batch. I picked up one from a lot that Lazerman121 acquired and another from Kecked. Hopefully they will show up again someday (for a reasonable price).

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

465nm is getting rare too. If you want something above 445nm you should grab it soon. I think the 490-510 stuff is going away too. The 520 stuff after that as 530 comes on line.

yeah I blew 465 and am having problems finding one, DRT no longer has it and last check on e-bay netted nothing, I like the color from a 465 better then 450 and love the 490's
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu