Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GoldenStar RGB 3000

well i guess these would be neither they are custom Clubcat-HP (technological artisan ) built to my specs for the US market with CDRH compliance in mind
    so its hard to say what they are as far as the GS naming convention

Well I'm not really talking about the projectors, I'm talking about the modules used so the CDRH bit is a bit irrelevant.
    If Steve is reviewing a 'Goldenstar 10W RGB' it would be useful to know which one it is he's reviewing.
    It sounded like he got it through you, so I was hoping you'd know what was supplied.
    I've been talking Winni over the weekend (who has been speaking with John) and it turns out they do 3 different 10W RGB modules.
    2x 638 (thin beam and fat beam)
    1x 637
    |
    If its not clear which one Steve is reviewing, how do people who also want to order one know which to specify?
    I've just ordered 2x 10W projectors with the thin beam 638 and DT50W, so it will be interesting to compare how they are with the one Steve has.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

ok these are the fiber thin beam systems

Ok, thanks.
    Fibre you say? Is that for beam shaping?
    Frikkin Lasers

not sure yet still trying ti figure it i out but we suspect fiber bonded to the diode element to collimate

Mimi from goldenstar about the w3000 and there 4W unit "For its disvergence, yeah, it is a little big, because it is just with common collimator to adjust. This 3W, just for club and low cost laser, if you want better quality, you can consider 4W with 1W red , green 1W and 2W blue, this one has very sharp beam around 1mrad, and its driver is better than that driver in W3000"

From there i assume the 4W uses a different way of beam combination, and better analog modulation as well. I have one 4w on the way,with fb3 and quicshow, will do some test pattern comparison.

I've got 2 of the 4W modules, but may be a bit different to the latest ones as I got them over a year ago.
    Mine ended up only being 900mW 520 as I think they were using the 700mW 520 overdriven. I fed this back to John at the time.
    It's not the method of beam combination as there's only one of each green and blue, the 2 reds are knife edged.
    The beam quality will be down to how they are corrected. I seem to recall it was cylindrical lenses on all diodes when I opened one up.
    Frikkin Lasers

I don't want to be the elephant in the room here, but OP, I just hope you're planning on running those beams overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    not sure yet still trying ti figure it i out but we suspect fiber bonded to the diode element to collimate
    Interesting. Any more info on this?

... I have some fiber-coupled IR-diodes with 50 micron or 105 micron fibers, directly attached before the laser crystal - another type contains several diodes in the housing, which are precollimated and focussed in a 105 micron fiber ... could be the same with fiber-coupled VIS-diodes.

So the laser beam is fed through the fiber and "homogenized" by removing the polarisation - essentially it's a LED-like light-source with the wavelength of the laser-diode and an emitter size of the fiber diameter ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425