Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GoldenStar RGB 3000

Wohooo finally managed to get some "decent" alignment by tweaking the mounts and a bit of luck, definitely not perfect but acceptable to me, for now...
    the reds remains "aligned" whether the projector is 3m or 12m from wall so it guess we're pretty good regarding parallelism of the beams. We're getting there thanks guys!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53279109_986461045076589_709241474440495104_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	55171

Good you had some success.
    Yes, with knife edging you have to make some sacrifices usually.
    The trick is to get the beam from the left red in your module pic as close to the tip of the prism as possible, and have a little bit of waste beam down the back of the prism.
    Then get the right hand beam as close to the tip of the left prism as possible where it comes across - again a little bit of waste beam is going to hit the back of the prism.
    So you sacrifice a bit of lost power (although its not where the most power is), for a beam that is more coherent and singular, and probably a bit more power density as a result.
    I think that GS play it a bit too safe in terms of the clipping, which leads to nice high power figures, but with that big gap in the middle.
    I may just put a PBS and waveplate in mine.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi bricenc,

How have you been getting on with the 3w and 4w lasers since your last post?

I have been considering both these and if you have a moment I would really be interested in finding out more about what you think of them.

1. Now that the beam alignment has been fixed, in terms of colors and intensity how does the 3w compare to the 4w?
    2. You mentioned that you felt the scanners on the 3w where performing better than the 4w, is this still the case?
    3. On the 3w, do you find that the blue overpowers the Red and Green?
    4. On the 3w, do the beams mix well and medium distances, say 7.5 to 20 meters?
    5. Anything else you think about them?

Thanks again for posting your thoughts on these, it's been really helpful.

I am also considering the more expensive projectors from 8lightspace. But these are a good bit more money and for my purposes may not make sense.

Sol B.

Sol, I think I may have covered this in my PM on SP (assuming you're not some other Sol...), but GS can build projectors to your spec, so you can decide which scanners you want in there.
    Personally one of the most consistent bang for buck scanners I use is the PT-A40.
    So you can pretty much get the performance you want for your budget. I think they use the AL scanners because they're the most cost effective but a little more will get you the PT's, which is what you'd get in the Lightspace units I believe.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Sol, I think I may have covered this in my PM on SP (assuming you're not some other Sol...), but GS can build projectors to your spec, so you can decide which scanners you want in there.
    Personally one of the most consistent bang for buck scanners I use is the PT-A40.
    So you can pretty much get the performance you want for your budget. I think they use the AL scanners because they're the most cost effective but a little more will get you the PT's, which is what you'd get in the Lightspace units I believe.

Hi Norty,

Yes thank you, I am very much now leaning towards the 3w, and probably the standard scanners will be sufficient for the shows I am looking at, it seems like very good value.
    I have very much taken your advice on board and reading this thread I now understand the difference between these two units a lot better.

Since the bricenc has both units, I was just interested in getting a bit more of his feedback on them. In particular how he feels they compare to each other.

Many Thanks
    Sol B

Hi Sol, comparing the 3w and 4w, the 4w is really red, the 3w a bit blue but still more white than the 4w.
    They are both the same "visibility" and the 3w has slighlty better/ smother modulation.

Overall i would the 3w unit because the case is smaller too. i am considering selling the 4w and getting a lightspace starbust 3w

i recently got my hand on an Akai APC40 mk2, before realizing it doesnt work natively with quickshow as the mk1 does... do you guys have any tips to make it work?

here's a video of the last party we did with the two lasers. (3w on the left)

Thank You Bricenc and Norty for all the feedback.

Yesterday I received my 3w laser from GoldenStar and its jusy excellent. Technology has really come on since i got my last projectors.

Very happy and I think I will get some more!
    When I funds allow that is.

Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by bricenc View Post
    Grettings to All!
    Just got the my first ever laser, i'm originally a sound guy. just trying to add some colors and fun to our partys (we usually hire some cheap cs1000 from laserwrold going in sound mode...)
    The laser is the Goldenstar RGB3000 got it with pelicase and shipping in the pacific for 830usd.
    The inside of the thing... i am bit surprised with the All in One RGB module as i don't understand yet how colours are mixed in there.
    Attachment 55063

For now i'm just playing with the built in programs and Sdcard ones...

I'm planning on getting Quickshow and an Fb3 to use the laser's analog modulation to it's full potential. and get better colors (rainbow like)

a quick test in the room with just a bit of e-cig smoke
    Attachment 55064
    Nice .
    It is RGB 3 in 1 all diode color mixed well inside .