Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDN support in lasershow software?

Default IDN support in lasershow software?

Which lasershow packages do support IDN (ILDA Digital Network) output?
    Are there any at all?

none....
    people say LSX but not sure but if so that would be almost the only one.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Oh PJ, that’s so incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    none....
    people say LSX but not sure but if so that would be almost the only one.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Oh PJ, that’s so incorrect.
    Spaghetti works with IDN with the right driver. That driver is NOT included with Spaghetti, however.

Hi,

shure there are. For my talk at the IDN session at ILDA in Montreal I've pot together a list (that I don't have with me right now) - but essentially/mostly it's all that supports the NetLase/EasyLase API since there is a driver from the university of Bonn. I don't know about the distribution/redistribution but actually, getting all these pieces around IDN together on a website is one of the current open tasks (besides file standard, network discovery, ...). Just a note here - I'm a technician. While I am involved in IDN development I support it where I can - but I don't see my focus in advertising the products of others. So - If people want to stay with proprietary protocols - that's their choice...

Namely - out of my head - Blender (there is a plugin), Spaghetti, Dynamics, LPS, LSX, HE Laserscan, all Mamba, Inkscape (there is a plugin), LaserMax - plus there are applications/toolboxes/libraries - interactive games, architectural lightning, power measurement and visualisation (2D/3D).

Best regards
    --Dirk

Dirk has a great list there but I'm surprised he didn't mention that with his stagemate/stagefeed converters, any laser control system can output IDN and any ILDA capable laser can receive it

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Dirk has a great list there but I'm surprised he didn't mention that with his stagemate/stagefeed converters, any laser control system can output IDN and any ILDA capable laser can receive it
    Ups, yes, forgot that little detail :-)
    These pocket size converters were designed to transparently bridge the analogue ISP into the digital IDN and back - which of course makes all kinds of applications on both sides possible...
    I should also mention the GitHub repository at https://github.com/DexLogic
    File recorder is in the oven but I didn't have time recently to do the multi threading (single threaded is too hard with the thread blocking in network and file system) and audio...

Best
    --Dirk

IDN is a great concept, and a nice open standard.

It saves reinventing the wheel over and over.

We use it, along with DexLogic StageMate / StageFeed ADCs/DACs as a convenient way of transporting laser effect data on our in-house tools

James
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

Quote Originally Posted by JStewart View Post
    We use it, along with DexLogic StageMate / StageFeed ADCs/DACs as a convenient way of transporting laser effect data on our in-house tools
    They look like really nicely made units.
    Is there pricing to hand anywhere Dirk?

All the best,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

not sure if you should do a file recorder.. that will scream frame piracy very soon... it's actually why large companies stay away from these open formats.. I like the convenience of being able to bake to frames or record but i do see the flip side here too.