Thread: How laser projectors work video

Default How laser projectors work video

Hey folks, in my day to day the subject of how do laser projectors actually work comes up very often. Often enough I decided to make a video to explain it better than I can over the phone or e-mail. I'm posting it here too because photonlexicon is the first place a lot of people end up when searching this question and I hope to provide a quick, simple answer to the question.

This video is meant to be a quick primer. It covers the absolute most basic of modern semiconductor projectors, it doesn't get in depth on any one subject, cover some of the awesome but less frequently used topics like PCAOMs and gas lasers or beam tables or cover second tier but important topics like scan rate. We have the company name at the beginning and end, but have otherwise kept it brand agnostic and not mentioned a single product in the video, to keep it as helpful to the community at large as possible.

I hope folks like it:

https://youtu.be/jscpGsmAEmE

Nice job, Adam. Everyone is a newb at the beginning and this answers several of a laser-newb's first questions that he/she is probably too embarrassed to ask. It also serves as a nice primer for people coming from the lighting industry that may have not had prior exposure to laser projectors.

I had a similar experience recently trying to understand how to use my first mini-mill. Tormach had some nice videos focused on general education without pushing their product set. It was nice.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thanks man! Yeah tormach has great videos. NYC CNC and Haas are excellent video resources too for learning CNC machining basics

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Thanks man! Yeah tormach has great videos. NYC CNC and Haas are excellent video resources too for learning CNC machining basics
    Agreed! I’ve watched theirs too. Gotta love the Information Age!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Good stuff, thanks for this. Qaulity tutorial