Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 600 mW of 650nm red from a single diode!

How about 500mw 635nm 100 micron emitter or 300mw 60micron emitter- this is what I've been working on for a bit (along with the modified 636 Maxy.. and the 636mellesGmodule.. The mod-Maxy has a better beamspec at the ap.. I'm working on the far-field now..
    The rep says he can work with me on the price for a proto for the 300/500 mw... The divergence is standard for the 635s, but I got rave reviews at my last show 635-636 ooohhh... It's a big beam, but when it's outside way up in the air you do want people to see it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 635.pdf  

DeanMicke RPMC 635 300and500mW.JPG  

60 micron ain't too bad. what sort of divergence do you think you could attain with that ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Cool Divergence estimate

Hey Aijii;

I don't know what the divergence values are for Steve-O's rig, but there is a good way to make an aproximation... See that red dot in Steve-o's avitar? That's from one of those 636 nm diodes he has, shining across his lawn to a tree at the far end of his property. Compare the red spot to the blue spot right next to it from his LaserWave DPSS blue.

They look pretty close to me... I think there's real potential here, assuming Steve-O can find a reliable source for the corrective optics he's using. I'm looking forward to seeing the rig in person at SELEM.

Adam

Perhaps steve-o could jump in here and confirm the spec of the beam he's getting from those ML520G51's?

I suspect the initial beam may be quite large when the distant spot is that small.

I gues I was wrong. The emittersize is big, but divergence small.
    Means like it will still be a big beam....

Sorry -probly wont make it to Selem. Yes the tree is about 100 ft away -You're right Adam it's right next to Bridge's Bluey. The beam is tighter farther than it is closer.. heh.. used the melles-griot module.. but if I can xperiment with a varible prism setup in the future..,, who knows..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o
    Sorry -probly wont make it to Selem
    Damn Steve, that sucks. Was looking forward to seeing you there.

Keep us in mind though, in case your plans change. And yeah, keep us posted if you have another breakthrough with the optics. Those Mells-Griot modules are nice, but they're hard to come by. Plus, like you mentioned, you might get even better results with a prism or two.

Adam

Thanx Adam,
    Yeah it sucks, lack-of-cash issues and no vacation time left at work .. heh..
    I'll keep working on the 635s tho-- 'tis my favorite color
    I got an idea using a single optic for a fast-axis tamer,,we'll see how it goes..
    Have a good one--
    -S

Here you go ....just for you.....new 160mw 635nm unit......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA0036.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Awesome, Mike!
    When did'cha come up with that? After the white-light pointer, I suppose..