Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is asking when they can sign up for SELEM 2019...

Exclamation Everyone is asking when they can sign up for SELEM 2019...

Sorry for the lack of announcements people! There have been several changes in Newton since last fall. Once again we will have a new venue manager at the Auditorium, but fortunately it is someone who has lived in the community for a long time so she is familiar with our event and is excited to have us back. We have a couple last-minute things to work out, but none of them appear to be major issues, so I should have the official sign-up thread posted in the next day or two.

Dates are still the same as we agreed upon last fall: Load-in starts on Tuesday, August 6th. SELEM kicks off on Wednesday the 7th and runs through Saturday the 10th. Load-out is on Sunday the 11th, with the outdoor concert and laser show with the Western Piedmont Symphony Orchestra in downtown Newton on Sunday evening.

Details to be posted very soon!

Adam

awesome

Its over a month later than the date it was posted the last two years so some of us were starting to worry

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Coming soon with a Mixedgas near you at Selem, Two 5 watt systems and a 3.4 watt DPSS based projector using Kvant and Goldenstar lasers as the core.
    Will bring the new toys. Ie, What was an Ion Laser, I've never heard of them...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Coming soon.....

A new bit of hardware we used at the Kennedy Space Center...

Timelines, I’ve never heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Coming soon with a Mixedgas near you at Selem, Two 5 watt systems and a 3.4 watt DPSS based projector using Kvant and Goldenstar lasers as the core.

Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Coming soon...

Me. I should be able to pop in for two or three days this year. I was just wondering about SELEM so glad to see this thread.

I was also wondering about something... lots of people have been going for many years so I curious to know what people were getting tired of and what people are looking forward to. Just curious. I just like to pop in and say hi and check out what's new.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'll be bringing a few mixed gas ion systems down. Sure that the other usual suspects will have systems too. There will still be plenty of noble gases to excite.

I do have to admit that I have stepped into the modern world a bit too. Have a 5.5W Lightspace that I'll bring down.

Looking forward to the event!

Brad

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Coming soon:

SELEM will again be an international event. :-) My constant pestering has netted a least one person from the UKLEM crowd. Dimitri Modderman who also hosts the Dutch LEM will be there from load in through Sunday's performance in downtown Newton. There might be more but, I've seen his plane ticket and, will be helping to arrange other ground transportation.
    PM Sent...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just coming in to sign up and figure out what address to use for making the payment and wondered why I didn't see anything in the meet-n-greet area. Will there be enough time to have shirts designed and made? Or are those not a thing anymore?

My dad is having a tumor removed from his compressed spine today. If he is better by than I will come. This is going to be a really hard day for me today. Prayers. Good vibes whatever. I’ll take it.