Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2019 sign-up thread

I have helicopters do those qualify as drones? Mine are big and slow not trick types. In fact I have to see if it still flies. My uncles dogs did a number on it when I landed. Grabbed it right out of the sky. These have 2-3' diameter blades. Bet you could cut the lawn with it. still electric.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I have helicopters do those qualify as drones?
    Bring them anyway! A few years back Johny Turpin (Bluefang) did an exhibition flight with his 600 electric heli, and Chris Tate (Lazerjock) had his 450 electric with him one year as well. (I think that might have been the year I brought my 200 and my 450 as well...) And Ed Keefe (ekeefe) keeps talking about his 700 series bird with LEDs on the rotor blades, so maybe this year we can convince him to bring that too.

Anyway, there's plenty of space in the field across the street to fly RC. Hell, I might even bring some of my old stuff again. (Gotta dust it off though.) Maybe Randy will bring a foamy or two! (Think he's got a few edf models that can really scream...)

Probably would be good to fly the line-of-sight stuff separately from the FPV quads though, just for safety. But we have lots of time.

Adam

PS: Just a reminder for everyone that Standard Registration closes on Friday (2 days from now). After that the price goes up to $179 and there's no guarantee that you'll get a shirt. Don't miss out!

Anyone making this trek from Michigan?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Anyone making this trek from Michigan?
    Yeah, there are a few people signed up from Michigan already. Bill Whitcher and Mike Gould spring to mind, but I'm probably forgetting someone...

Why not grab Bob (CDBEAM) and make the trip John? Gonna be a big year!

Adam

Bill and Draco are driving down from Jackson.
    I’m flying.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    Afturmath, I will be bringing my entire Eurorack system this year. Its more than 15U/110HP... I have two cases that size, one will definitely be full and not sure about the other yet since I haven't racked modules yet in the new cases. I have some modules to build too, but doubt I will get to that before SELEM. Maybe we can have a solder party I can also bring an MPC 1000.
    Oh man... I might have to bring the Voyager XL and Subsequent 37 CV now. Need to find some cases.

I can bring a small Mackie mixer to mix sources from synths and whatever else.
    I'll also have at least 6 free inputs on my Apollos if you want to run through any of my UAD-2 or Eventide effects or record anything. I'm still relying heavily on software FX until I get my H9000 in September.

As for live shows, I would love to see some contemporary psych rock-ish stuff. I can take a stab at a playlsit. Also, old school trance (not necessarily psy-trance) makes for awesome shows.
    I wasn't planning to spin but could possibly be convinced to play an old school trance set. I know I played a lot of heavy psy the last couple years, but my bread and butter is really 90's trance, techno, and breaks ala Moonman, Blank & Jones, Juno Reactor, Utah Saints, CJ Bolland, Timo Maas, FSoL, Schiller, Taucher, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The Eurorack synths and DJ gear sound great! This will dovetail nicely with the renewed interest in all things analog, from abstracts to Scanimate! Sal, do you want all your gear in the club, or will you want to have some in the Cafeteria to demo? Obviously you can always move it if you need to. Just thinking that if someone else is spinning in Club-SELEM and you want to demo the Euro-Rack, you'd have to shout to be heard over the sound system.?.
    The eurorack system will live in the Cafeteria so people can play with it to make sound or hook it up to the laser (or both!). It won't be too hard to move if we want to have an EPIC jam in the Club. I can probably bring a table for myself in the Cafeteria, though I might need 2 :\
    I would like to do the same thing with my analog synth/laser gear, cafeteria for the most part and migrate to the club to play an hour set on Friday or Saturday evening. I'm also down for any combined system jams.

My DJ setup fits on half of an 8ft table. My eurorack cases also can fit on half a table. I will be there for load in so I can help with logistics. Guessing Kevin will want his own table. We have a bit more space in the Gym if I remember correctly. What we did last year by putting the DJs in front of the laser control worked pretty good and we could do that again.
    I'll have my own table and keyboard stand like last year. I like the idea of having music rigs in front of the laser consoles again because it helps to be in the center of the stereo field.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Bring them anyway! A few years back Johny Turpin (Bluefang) did an exhibition flight with his 600 electric heli, and Chris Tate (Lazerjock) had his 450 electric with him one year as well. (I think that might have been the year I brought my 200 and my 450 as well...) And Ed Keefe (ekeefe) keeps talking about his 700 series bird with LEDs on the rotor blades, so maybe this year we can convince him to bring that too.

Anyway, there's plenty of space in the field across the street to fly RC. Hell, I might even bring some of my old stuff again. (Gotta dust it off though.) Maybe Randy will bring a foamy or two! (Think he's got a few edf models that can really scream...)

Probably would be good to fly the line-of-sight stuff separately from the FPV quads though, just for safety. But we have lots of time.

Adam
    I was planning to bring my VTOL too.

Chris

Default Caferteria?

From what I understand the Cafeteria will be available for the general make/fix/tinker correct? Club is back in the Gym?

How is table availability?

If I can get it working I'll try to bring the Amiga 2500HD or 4000T w/ Pangolin LD400, Win98 computer with Pangolin LD and maybe Laser Illusions (if I can find the serial number bypass since the stupid DAC lost it's serial.) In the case of these I could use a bunch of smaller laser projectors. I can bring my two 3 watt pluto 2's and they are free to use in auditorium or anywhere they are needed. But in the case of these old systems small simple projectors would be good to be able to leave them open for all to play on them.

(I'm going to check out a bunch of laser parts this weekend local to me which might give me a bunch of galvos and diodes to build some low power single mode projectors but unknown how good any of it is.)

I have a few projects unfinished, and I wouldn't mind poking at them a bit.

One is a ADC/PI board reading from ADC and pushing to Etherdream1/Etherdream2

Second is a lumia controller. I was thinking of using OLA to allow DMX512, Artnet and 1.31 sACN input then maybe supporting something like 16 stepper motors, 16 R/c servos, 32 TTL lines and maybe 16 laser diode analog channels or something. Target board price would be sub $100. Basically just high speed serial commands coming from OLA on Pi/Linux. This one has been on the backburner for years now. But had some cool ideas.

But yea, table space?
    Modern and Retro laser show hobbyist
    Pangolin QM16, QM32, Beyond Adv, LSX, ADAT, FB3, FB4
    LS Pluto II x 2, custom build x 1
    http://lasershowwiki.757.org for my all encompassing laser show wiki.

Hey Ethan,
    I'm going to see if I can bring up some of our Amiga and other various stuff from the graveyard to tinker with as well... I have no idea how to use any of it though.

Bringing a Kvant 20W+++ is still up in the air, depends on our rental inventory that week, I likely won't know till week of. But shooting for a 33W RGBY...

Got approved for a few cool raffle prizes as well

Myself, Lyra and Aaron should be there Thursday evening and stay through Saturday night, looking forward to seeing everyone (and buying Pizza!)
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Oooooooh did I read that right YELLOW!🤗