Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld PRO 800 RGB only TTL colors

Default Laserworld PRO 800 RGB only TTL colors

Greetings all,

i have recently bought a laser Laserworld PRO 800 RGB on ebay from laserworld-auction. Now i have finally connected it to the DAC (Helios and LaserShowGen) to test what it can do and here my frustration begins. Laser is behaving like it is TTL and not analog. There is no color fading, mixing, etc. No matter what i do i only get few colors and only on/off state for laser.

Is there something that i missed or someone "shagged me big time" and replace analog modules with TTL?

Thank you!

Default Pictures of laser modules

Does anyone knows if these are ttl or analog modules?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2516.jpg  

IMG_2518.jpg  

You get what you pay for.
    Laserworld isn't that famous brand here.
    I have to say, you need to buy true analog linear laser drivers and throw out those ch!nese nonsenses.
    LSP dual driver,BBe drivers, Lasertack ,OPTlasers (poland) Flexmod P3 just some of the most reliable analog LD drivers.

I would, but all of these are to powerfull. I want small power (under 1W) analog rgb laser joust for hobby and only Laserworld have them ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrpiagg View Post
    I would, but all of these are to powerfull. I want small power (under 1W) analog rgb laser joust for hobby and only Laserworld have them ...
    Any of the drivers Epyn listed are adjustable. You can set the max current to whatever you want. You can drive a 500mW at just 50mW if you want.

Is there any "low power" laser projector, beside Laserworld, so i can buy it and don't have to asemble it myself? Or did you mean to buy a "brand name" projector and set the diodes to lower power?

Thank you!

I meant the laser drivers can be adjusted. If you don't want to mess with that, your best bet would be to buy a lower powered projector. Be warned, cheap low power projectors normally come with garbage beam combining hardware, most likely TTL drivers, and 15Kpps (or lower) galvos.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpiagg View Post
    Is there any "low power" laser projector, beside Laserworld, so i can buy it and don't have to asemble it myself? Or did you mean to buy a "brand name" projector and set the diodes to lower power?

Thank you!
    If you want the best specs ask David Kumpula. Will cost you a pretty penny, but he can build you something.

OTOH, it will cost probably way more than you are willing to pay!

If you don't want to shell out that much try something like the Kvant clubmax - Model 800

https://phantomdynamics.com/kvant-cl...ser-projector/

They have a good reputation for quality stuff and nice beam, IMHO.

Another commercial laser projector to consider would be the X-Laser Mobile Beat Mirage.

The beams from the Mirage are some of the best I've ever seen in a commercial projector, and X-laser has outstanding customer support. Several members here on PL have Mirage projectors, and I've never heard of anyone having any complaints.

Adam

Have you ruled out DAC/software settings by plugging it into a known analogue projector and confirmed you're getting analogue response?
    It sounds like you may have misunderstood the previous suggestions as well.
    The lasers themselves and the drivers for them are separate. The thing that makes a laser analogue or TTL is the driver, not the head itself.
    So if your drivers are TTL, you could just replace the drivers with analogue drivers. The list supplied previously (Lasertack, BBE, Stanwax, etc) are all drivers, not full modules.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.