Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any insights on Club Lasers products?

Default ClubLasers Demo

Great idea! Which model would you like to demo at SELEM?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    After discussing the idea with a few people I agree that it's worthwhile to have a Club Laser projector available for people to play with and/or open the lid to see the build quality inside. I only ask that this be a low-key affair, in keeping with the spirit of the event.

I think the best place for this is in the cafeteria. We can have it set up on a table and folks can plug their controller into it to see how it performs running their content. Probably best to do this on an ad-hoc basis though. I'll set up an area for this during load-in, and when Ryan arrives we can set the projector in place there.

If people want to do a side-by-side comparison with their own projector(s), that can easily be done by simply placing the other projector next to it and running the same output to both units.

Adam

Although I don't believe krisxone will be attending SELEM, his initial post was in reference to 3 watt RGB projectors from Able, Lightspace, and Goldenstar. So let's go with the 3 watt RGB. Unless anyone has other ideas.?.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Although I don't believe krisxone will be attending SELEM, his initial post was in reference to 3 watt RGB projectors from Able, Lightspace, and Goldenstar. So let's go with the 3 watt RGB. Unless anyone has other ideas.?.

Adam
    Yeah, I won't be there, and I'll likely have ordered one or the other by then. But would still love to see the comparison. I'd also love to see 5w units as I'm thinking about stretching the budget a bit and go for the 5w's since they're at a better value per watt.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxone View Post
    I guess no one has experience with these? Must be a new product line. Someone reached out to me thinking I was talking about Kvant ClubMax lasers available on Pangolin's site. I'm looking at the ones available at https://www.clublasers.com/ . Apparently they're Pangolin's own line of projectors.
    They are decent lasers, and as mentioned by someone else above, compliant for use in the US. I have multiple units including the Series 2 and 3. Someone else said they wouldn't put these up on the truss multiple times a week, and I'd have to agree. I also can see a slight difference between one of the series 2 units and another... slightly less bright. I also had one of the bracket tightening arms sheer off... just cheap. I also don't know who does the quality control... you can see the obvious spelling errors on the variance stamp...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-05 18_06_41.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	55652

Just sloppy and considering that is screen printed onto every unit, I'd think they would be careful and scrutinize everything. They are NOT Kvant...far from it, but then again, they're not supposed to be. I think they wanted to create a budget line of lasers similar to the Kvant Clubmax line. Support is excellent and Pangolin is great to work with. It's not Pangolin but it sorta is since you buy from their people. They come shipped direct to you from China. Consider what you will use them for and buy accordingly. I only wanted an FDA certified product so I went with these for the smaller watt (<3w) small show units. For the price I paid, they are just fine, but for the bigger units I'll be going another direction. Hope this helps!

I can tell you 6215s while very nice are no where near saturns in performance. Those saturns with the digital drivers blew me away last year. I plan to switch mine out as soon as possible. Earlier in the thread someone showed a pic and said which scanner. They look like 6800 knockoffs. Expect 30k if your lucky. No way will those do 60k. I’ve seen iffy 40k on new 6800hp with turboamps.

Thought I'd also weigh in..

I think it would be interesting to see these units at SELEM. I've been curious about these Chinese projectors for a while and I think as long as the projector is open for anyone to play with and units are not being sold/promoted at the event it should be fine.

I am hoping to bring a Kvant Clubmax 3000 (Saturns) and would be happy to compare it. (though it's kind of pointless)

So were there any of these units at SELEM?

Yup. There were two and both were brand new. I want to say that one was a 5w and one was maybe 2w but I really don’t remember. Maybe Ryan can weigh in.

I didn’t look at them for too long but it seems like you get what you pay for. The galvos have a hard time displaying graphics cleanly and the color modulation was not ideal. One unit couldn’t display the brown on some tree trunks. Should be fine for lower speed graphics or beams though.
    Last edited by Glrock; 11-16-2019 at 14:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    One unit couldn’t even display the brown on some tree trunks.
    Brown lasers are kinda elusive . .
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Brown lasers are kinda elusive . .
    Not as elusive as black lasers

Maybe I should clarify my previous statement. The green modulation couldn’t go low enough to represent a shade that appeared brown in the software.