Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any insights on Club Lasers products?

Default Any insights on Club Lasers products?

I am currently looking at 3w RGB systems from Goldenstar, Lightspace, and Able. I called Pangolin to ask about how to control FB4 from the Virtual DJ plugin they have available and was made aware of their own Club Lasers line. I was told they would outperform what Lightspace offers, particularly faster scanning, which would do better with wide beam effects like liquid sky.

I'm aware they're trying to push their own product, so I take the claim with a grain of salt. Looking at the specs, Lightspace Starburst 3k has PT-A40 scanners, the Clublaser Series 3 specify 30kpps @ 8°. Based on the numbers, why would the clublaser outperform the 40kpps scanners in the Lightspace units? Is there some other subjective spec that should be considered?

The individual laser outputs seem to be closer on the Lightspace unit, .8w/.9w/1.3w, vs. the Clublasers which are more spread apart, .7w/.7w/1.6w. And the beam diameter is smaller on the lightspace, 4mm vs 4.5mm, but maybe that's just marketing and measurement errors.

Anyone with experience with both or just even Clublasers? I've scoured the site and generally Lightspace systems get a lot of praise, but don't see any reviews for Clublasers.

I guess no one has experience with these? Must be a new product line. Someone reached out to me thinking I was talking about Kvant ClubMax lasers available on Pangolin's site. I'm looking at the ones available at https://www.clublasers.com/ . Apparently they're Pangolin's own line of projectors.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxone View Post
    I guess no one has experience with these? Must be a new product line. Someone reached out to me thinking I was talking about Kvant ClubMax lasers available on Pangolin's site. I'm looking at the ones available at https://www.clublasers.com/ . Apparently they're Pangolin's own line of projectors.
    I think you'll find the product line is new enough to not be "out there" enough for reviews.
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

They're great lasers for 'what they are'

Don't buy a Kia and be disappointed it's not a Mercedes

Basic shows, using Quickshow-type content, for club and DJ use, can't beat them for the price and support you will receive (No emails to China, US stock!)

I wouldn't throw them in and out of truss 3 shows a week on a major tour. That's not what they're designed for.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Dare I ask what Galvos are in them?
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Dare I ask what Galvos are in them?
    Steve
    I asked specifically what brand/model they were. Here's the response:

We at ClubLasers have a manufacturing facility setup to produce custom galvos for our units. This ensures we maintain a level of quality, we feel is acceptable for the level of fixtures we sell. All galvos are tested using industry accepted test patterns and measuring processes, to ensure they meet or exceed the specified levels.

* We’re not measuring at 4°, like some of our counterparts do : )
    * All speeds are measured at 8° optical, generally using Pangolin’s test patterns from QS or BEYOND.

Attached is a freeze frame from one of their marketing videos. I know it's not the cleanest photo but anyone recognize them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 1.00.28 AM.png  

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    They're great lasers for 'what they are'

Don't buy a Kia and be disappointed it's not a Mercedes

Basic shows, using Quickshow-type content, for club and DJ use, can't beat them for the price and support you will receive (No emails to China, US stock!)

I wouldn't throw them in and out of truss 3 shows a week on a major tour. That's not what they're designed for.
    Just wondered who is behind them?

The US version of Companies house shows no results, presumably because they're a small business.

The street address comes back to what appears to be a registered business office: https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9548...i8192?hl=en-gb

There's nothing wrong in any of that. It just doesn't tell us anything of who they are or who is behind the company.

ClubLasers is the 'Retail Level' line of projectors Pangolin offers when a more expensive projector (such as a Kvant) may not be appropriate, typically due to budget reasons.

We've worked with the manufacturer to ensure the products meet Pangolin QC requirements and also on proper integration of FB4 and such.

Said address is owned by Brooks Palmer of FullColorLasers, as seen in attached screenshot.

Not bad units, especially for the price, and varianced for US use! Can I set you up with an order? Building a sweet mud truck and can use the commission

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullColorLasers.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	944.2 KB 
ID:	55621
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Not bad units, especially for the price, and varianced for US use! Can I set you up with an order? Building a sweet mud truck and can use the commission
    Convince me they're a better value than the Lightspace units and we'll talk. The Lightspace units seem to have better specs on paper, and have 2 year warranties. I was told by Justin the ClubLasers would outperform the Lightspace units. I just want to know if that's marketing talk, or there's actually truth behind it.

I'm mostly joking, I don't get a commission and I have limited knowledge of the ClubLasers line, other than we offer it. I am serious about the building a badass mud truck part though....

What would be best would of course be a side by side comparison, especially given the cutthroat style marketing and advertising which tends to occur with retail-level Chinese projectors... Nothing will beat a side by side comparison.

This is the type of thing Pangolin used to do, but whenever we do these we get hammered for having an agenda, being biased, not being 'independent' when we have a stake in the outcome, etc etc. It's a lose-lose for us, because the information (typically unbiased in nature, I'm not sure how you bias beam specs and scan speeds...) doesn't get out there if we do not make the videos, and when we do we get hammered for the reasons listed above...

Note that Lightspace advertises 60kpps at 8 degrees on this laser https://www.8lightspace.com/product/venus-rgb3000/

To this day I am unaware of any scanner which will do a true 60K at 8 Degrees short of a Pangolin Saturn 1, Pangolin Saturn 5 or CT 6215. I have a set of FREE Saturn 1B scanners for the first person to demonstrate to me a stock Chinese projector doing a true 60kpps at 8 degrees which doesn't use the scanners above. So, my guess that the 40K might be a lot of 'marketing talk". I have't used one, but I can't be sure. But my guess is this is a bit of dishonest 'marketing talk' right here per Lightspace...

But you can be sure that a projector Pangolin represents will do everything stated, because we have a lot to lose. Can you imagine the PangoHate if we lied about scan speeds or beam specs?!?! We go by the "Under-Promise and Over-Deliver" way of business.

Just purchase whichever one seems to meet your needs for the job you need to accomplish. "Which is better Hyundai or Kia"? They're essentially the same thing, going to accomplish the same thing, etc. Differences in specs between similar models are negligible.

I know that warranty repairs on ClubLasers units are done here at Pangolin by our support team (the same techs that repair the Kvant units), and we have parts on stock, if this makes any difference.

Thanks, let me know if I can answer any more questions. I would love to see a side by side! Might have to get my hands on a Lightspace and do one and ignore the ensuing hate mail...
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com