Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D Printers - Who has them?

I have 2 printers.

The big printer is a See Me CNC kit called Rostock Max. I've had it for over 10 years. It has many hours on it. My wife says it was one of the best purchases I ever make. I use it for large prints.

The smaller unit is the Any Cubic Photon. It is an SLA printer. The resolution is incredible. I have only had this one a few months.

Ryan asked about things we printed that are laser related.
    I printed a mechanical laser projector. It uses a hand crank geared to 2 cams that moves a laser pointer to create the images. It works OK, but the interesting part is the mechanical creation of the images. I had it at SELEM 2 years ago.

ChrisAttachment 55619
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190626_065852[1].jpg  

Sis is a sticky mess. Iím not impressed but my only entry point is formlabs form1. Quite frankly when it works itís amazingly g and when not itís horrible. To much when not compared to when does. Also cutting the supports is Royal pita. Pva is much better. To bad it canít be recycled. Really it could. If dissolved in water all you really need is an extruder/ dryer head to make new support again. Surprised no one has tried.

dissolve in straight water skip alcohol and NaOH. Yes would take longer but you recover the pva. Guess itís not that expensive that people care.

my only complaint with Prusa is the waste block when multimaterial printing. I think two heads would be worth it to save on support or a second color. Purging each time especially for support is a major waste. I can see other color but not support. Some time the block is bigger than the piece being printed. Even if it was used to print a different object in random color it would be better. Heck print benches all around the build platform. At least do something with it. Or make separate color pile blocks so you can recover and maybe use the blocks for something else? Legos?

Default resin printer 300.00

I don't personally own any 3d printers because I just mooch off of the ones at work . That being said: Stratasys Objet Eden 360V; formlabs; and a tazbot for quick FDM jobs. A few years ago, I built a beam table where almost all of the optomechanics and adapter plates were 3d printed. Gave a presentation on it at SELEM and we used it for beam effects on the stage w/ a SP-168 during the live DSOTM show that year. I made all of those parts on the Objet. The resin is a dream to tap and holds a thread remarkably well.