Thread: SELEM Subwoofer

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default SELEM Subwoofer

I have handled the sound in the auditorium for the past few years and have always brought along a single JBL 18" subwoofer to go on the ground in front of the stage. I may need to leave it behind this year since I use it as part of our house sound system here at the banquet hall and, we have a wedding while I'm at SELEM. The DJ working the wedding doesn't have one to bring in place of mine if I take it to SELEM. I've thought for some time to use that as an excuse to buy another sub I've lusted after for awhile but, I really don't want to spend $1,000 on it right now - especially since like so many things these days - it may only get used at SELEM in the first place. Truthfully... it's probably not necessary since the QSC's I bring have such good bass response BUT... if anyone has a single sub, with XLR in and out and, would be there Tuesday morning through Sunday morning, please let me know what it is and, if you'd be willing to bring it.
    PM Sent...

Honestly I think we'll be fine with just the 12" QSC speakers. I mean, sure, if someone does happen to have a subwoofer lying around that they want to bring, that's great, but if that doesn't happen I'm sure the audio in the Auditorium will still be very nice.

Adam

Let’s find a 36” and mount it there permanently.
    ee can drive it with an arc welder!
    https://youtu.be/m7j_wb37Qa0
    Last edited by kecked; 07-04-2019 at 07:53.

The Mythbusters powered one right off the driveshaft of the car once!

But in all honestly I don't think we'll need a subwoofer in the Auditorium. The speakers that Brad has in there have plenty of bass! But worst case, if we decide we absolutely can't live without a sub, I can get a powered 18" JBL sub for around $500 on either the B-stock or used markets. (That's for the 1000 watt unit, which is the same one we will have in Club-SELEM.)

Adam