Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2019 B/S/T Pre-LEM Announce Thread. Post your B/S/T plans here!

Default SELEM 2019 B/S/T Pre-LEM Announce Thread. Post your B/S/T plans here!

Hello all,

I figured I'd start a thread and if anyone would like to announce some of the things they're looking to sell, perhaps even make a couple of side deals off the forum (via PM please!) before-hand, all the better.

Hopefully since this thread is specifically about items to be offered at SELEM it's ok here in this forum rather than our own beloved B/S/T (and maybe Brad won't hit this one so quickly )

So, this year I have had quite a bit of computer shuffling and have ended up with some pretty nice, relatively new PC gear to part with.

-------------------------------
    13" HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 Convertable
    2019 version just a couple of months old.
    i7 8565U, 16GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD (I have 1TB Samsung upgrades for sale too.)
    2x Thunderbolt 3 capable USB-C
    Brightview 1080FHD 1W Panel
    HD cam w/IR for Windows Hello + Fingerprint reader

This is the so-called Gem-cut model still under warranty until May 2020. Asking $1200 obo.
    ---------------------------------
    Aorus Gaming Box w/GTX 2070
    Thunderbolt 3 x4 PCIe
    Someone will walk away with a good deal on a 2070. Asking $500 obo
    ----------------------------------
    Acer ET322QK 32" 4K UHD LED Monitor, 10bit color HDMI 2.0 Freesync.
    $250 obo I WILL NOT BE SELLING THIS BEFORE SELEM
    ---------------------------------------
    Samsung EVO 970 M.2 NVMe 1TB SSD $220 (or +200 to the laptop)

Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 NVMe 1TB SSD $220 (or +200 to the laptop)
    ----------------------------------------
    *SOLD* Intel NUC 6i7KYK Skull Canyon
    i7 6770HQ (Skylake), 16GB RAM, Iris graphics, Thunderbolt 3 Port
    256GB NVMe SSD (have 1TB Samsung drives available for upgrade)
    $500 obo *SOLD*
    ----------------------------------------
    *SOLD*GeChic Onlap 1502i 15.6" 1080FHD Portable Touchscreen monitor.
    USB Bus powered w/HDMI input.
    $300 obo *SOLD*
    -----------------------------------------

All items are in good/working condition, the laptop is flawless.

Please PM me or find me at SELEM and we'll deal!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by hitekvoop; 07-16-2019 at 10:35.

I'm offering my DRSST Tesla coil that I bought from Polishedball a few years ago for $300:

https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...-midi-playback

I've made several upgrades to it -- I put the control module inside a project box so it's protected and much easier to hold and use. On the project box, I've added a push-on-push-off button so you don't have to hold the momentary 'on' button the entire time it's running.

The original control board stopped working so I had it rebuilt by the original maker. The coil itself is new since I damaged the original in the trunk of my car. I've also detached the actual coil from the wood base and have a rubber mount so it's easier to take down and transport.

And I'm including a Dell X300 laptop PC running Windows XP with all the software and MIDI sound files necessary to make it 'sing'. I'm also including a laptop bag to carry the PC, the toroid and other parts. I'll have it on display at SELEM.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Wow... I didn't see this until today. Good call on hiding it since it obviously worked. Funny thing is I could be interested in some of your pc gear now that I'm being poked and prodded about acquiring an HTC Vive. :-)

My plan is actually bring a lot for the B/S/T area this year. What all I bring depends on what all fits but, there are a couple things that I should post first because of their size.

First is I have two brand new American DJ Vizi Beam 5rx moving heads.

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item...RoCZyQQAvD_BwE

When I say new - I mean one hasn't even had the seal of the brown cardboard outer shipping box broken, let alone the colored graphical box inside. The other was opened and taken out long enough for me to plug it in, turn it on and scroll through it with a DMX controller for about 10 minutes. I bought a pair a few years ago and have never integrated them into anything I do. I'd *like* to because they're beasts but, truthfully, you really want more than two of these in most situations and I can't afford to buy several more. And I need the money more than I need them collecting dust. There is s sticker on it that says essentially do not shine them on anything closer than like, 40 feet due to risk of fire. Now THAT'S a bright light. :-) $950 each.

Second is a Mobolaser ML-10 with a 1 watt air cooled argon source. I can't vouch for the argon because I haven't fired it up in several years. The problem is it's in a massive road case since it was designed to also hold bounce mirrors. It's also 220/240v. The road case is 58 1/2" long, 22" wide and 29" tall including the large caster wheels. I bought it from a touring production company in Tennessee in perhaps 2011 and it arrived on a tractor trailer. Still one of the cleanest ML-10's I've seen and I have an assortment of turrets including 2 mirror and diffraction gratings. I think there may be a basic scan head as well. I don't recall exactly but, I probably have about $2700 tied up in the thing and I'm leaning towards about $1500.

Third is a large projector in a large flight case. I took pics awhile ago but, haven't gotten them up here. Some may recall seeing it as I got it from KGB Lasers in New Orleans. It was designed to eventually be a 5 watt RGB back when 5 watts of RGB was still impressive and is in a case made from two large optical breadboards on top and bottom (think LT1000 but perhaps 3 times the size of an LT1000 case) and has several grating effects with dmx controlled actuators built in along the path towards the DT40 wide scanners. The RGB sources really only total about 3 watts presently and include 532, 445 and I think 637. Sadly worth no where near the value of what I traded for it but, the parts collectively may be of value to someone although my first instinct is for it to go as a whole. I really don't know what to ask so, on this I'll say if you want pics and they don't post below, let me know and I'll try and and send them and then make an offer.

Aside from that there are a couple of Antari HZ-300 fazer knock offs made by Irradiant with very little use. There a large number of nearly new traditional chrome par cans. There are a number of intelligent scanner lights from Martin such as the SCX500 and 600 and a whole lot more. I'm bringing a couple weller soldering guns, and some other assorted oddball stuff to sell as well.

I know more of the interesting thing for folks are the little pieces of glass, brass and electronics that go into building a projector and I'll bring a lot of that too but the hard part is figuring out a price to ask since I didn't do well keeping track of what I paid for stuff. I know I have a couple special dichros that are over $100 each that I probably will never use but, I never labeled them. Duh! Might bring some old show laptops.

Oh! There is a tall wooden 20U rolling rack case with removable front and back that I'd love to get rid of as well. Black, carpeted ply. I'm thinking like $90.

Mirror balls. We will probably never ever attempt the "laser rain" effect at SELEM and, the owners of my building installed 6 large chandeliers in the ballroom so, I probably will never be able to use them here any more. There is a 24" Chauvet ball and 4 more 12" balls. I "think" I have motors for 4. There is one still up in the ceiling of the ballroom since I never got it back when the electricians put in the chandelier and if I can get up there with a lift I may be able to find the 5th one.

Projectors - we'll see what fits but in a perfect world I'll have maybe 6-10 for sale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	55743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	55744
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0433.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	55742
    PM Sent...

Good for you finally starting to purge a little I promise it won't hurt... that much

Regarding your Vive, I can tell you that the remaining gear I have, the Spectre 13" and the RTX-2070 eGPU were purchased to run my VR (Rift S) setup and performed flawlessly. I'm only getting rid of them because I went with a more portable VR getup (which I'll be bringing with me to SELEM this year).

I plan to have the HP, eGPU and the 4k monitor setup in the cafeteria for games and the like. The whole thing will be for sale.

Glad to hear you're bringing your VR rig, Rick! The first classroom upstairs will have a bunch of VR gear set up - feel free to join us there or set up in the cafeteria.

Adam

I am brining a few things to sell this year.

- 4/5'x3' (didn't measure before packing) 1/2" Aluminum bread board. Professionally made.
    - Laser Power Meter with Thermal head
    - Oudin Coil
    - 3 ALC 60x heads, 2 MWK Power Supplies, 1 Gold Box power supply
    - 20mw-ish Hene, Melles Griot Cylindrical with power supply
    - Neos 8 channel rack mount PCAOM driver, 5W and 10W Neos crystals
    - 3 Laser Wizardry AOMs + drivers
    - Some old and dusty function generator
    - Assorted aluminum L brackets
    - MM-1 clones (I think they got packed...)
    - Some nice thick FS mirrors
    - 2 Machado gratings
    - The first projector I built (single mode RGB module, EMS-7000 scanners *the LF Damping pot on one driver needs to be re-soldered, NOT varianced)
    - A few other bits and bobs that I can't recall at the moment...
    - Some GM-20s (if I can find the damn box I put them in...)

-Sal
    Last edited by discothefunkyhippo; 07-29-2019 at 16:06.

Default Lumia pieces and parts FS

Greetings, all;

In an attempt to help defray my travel expenses, I'm bringing a boatload of lumia-related pieces and parts, all set up for magnetic attachment:

Large Discs $20 Magnet-enabled - Works with Wobbulator
    Small Glass Discs $15 Magnet-enabled
    Small Plastic Disc $20 Magnet-enabled
    T Tubes $20 Magnet-enabled (as seen in the video I posted over at the Lumia forum)
    Motor Supports $20 Adjustable for both kinds of DC motors (made by Bill Witcher)
    Motors $20 With Magnets, 3mm mounting screws, .6RPM
    PWM Controllers $10 Need 12V Supplies, soldering
    Adjust. DC Supply $25 You will need a socket and/or soldering

Complete Kit $50 Motor, Support, small disc, and PWM controller
    Needs 12V supply, soldering

Wobbulator $400 SELEM special - usually $600

I will have this list posted in the BST room, but I will be set up in the cafeteria.
    I will have all the above available for tryout and to demonstrate how I do lumia.
    For instance, you will be able to test out a tube or disc before buying.

I will also have my larger Lumiators wailing away; these are NFS.
    Will have my controller set up so you can play with the speed and direction of the motors in these.

Got Lumia?

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Something tells me this SELEM is going to get $$$...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cash, check, or PayPal happily accepted... ;-)

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Cash, check, or PayPal happily accepted... ;-)

...Mike
    How about Venmo?