Thread: Trying to get old LaserNet argon/computer working again

Default Trying to get old LaserNet argon/computer working again

Like the title says trying to get a old lasernet argon projector working . Well I dont have the interlock or key for it. Anyone know how I can bypass those two things? I thought it would be kinda simple but guess not. Both the key-switch and interlock have wires that go to a ISA card which I guess is the dac/and some type of controller for it. The wires also connect to a serial cable that go to the motherboard. No clue what wires to jump together to get by these two things.

I'm not even sure if the motherboard or the video card are any good. Tried booting the computer up with just the video card and power supply to the motherboard but no video out of video card. Its been so long messing around inside of a 486 computer not even sure if I have everything connected. I have the power cables black and black on the inside hooked up to the motherboard, hit the power switch and the power supply powers on and fans come on for the cpu, galvos make some noise and that is it. So I'm guessing the motherboard is getting power. One other thing on top of it that is making my testing harder is the thing didn't have a pc speaker inside of it.

Wishing I saved some of my old computer motherboards and video cards to throw at it for testing. Looked on ebay and had no idea 486 stuff would actually cost something. I attached some pictures to the post, wanted to include them when writing but couldnt seem to get that to work. Ive posted about this years ago but finally feel like trying to get the computer in it going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190705_170448.jpg  

20190705_170455.jpg  

20190705_170943.jpg  

Last edited by aktopjian; 07-05-2019 at 14:05.

I think the interlocks goto that relay on the board.

When you turn the key it just shorts the wires together or breaks them apart. Remove and add toggle switch

https://www.amazon.com/MB-P4BWA-Indu.../dp/B004HLOQH6

Thats pretty much what I thought. Didnt want to burn anything up though. Well waiting for a new video card to see if this thing will work. I want to see whats on the Hard drive.

Option 2: pick the keyswitch. There's probably only three or four tumblers/wafers. Assuming you don't have a pick set handy, otherwise this would have already happened. So, paperclip as a pick and small flatblade screwdriver as a tensioning device.