Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post

cool, thanks! I never knew it was on github.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Not meant to be derogatory in any way but, boy would it have been cool if these could have had a February delivery. Can you imagine? There wouldn't be a peep from any owner about having to be stuck at home. As much as I'm thrilled I bought in at the absolute beginning, I'm still kicking myself for not having bought a couple at the early kickstart price.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Oh, I wish!

Believe me, no one is more frustrated about the delay than I am. We just didn't plan for a world changing pandemic. People getting sick and dying changes everything.

We're really proud of what we've made, and we're just going to keep making it better until we can get them in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Not meant to be derogatory in any way but, boy would it have been cool if these could have had a February delivery. Can you imagine? There wouldn't be a peep from any owner about having to be stuck at home. As much as I'm thrilled I bought in at the absolute beginning, I'm still kicking myself for not having bought a couple at the early kickstart price.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    , I'm still kicking myself for not having bought a couple at the early kickstart price.
    You are not alone.

I'll just leave this here.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default Hardware

Howdy.
    Galvo limits.

Is there a maximum *size* of image you can create with this?
    Is there a top *speed* or frequency that the radiator can generate? Not that I want such a stupid thing.

I'm using CT 6800s and CT 6215s so I'm pretty familiar of the limits of my galvos. I would be mildly concerned about where the red line would be.
    I'm thinking of anyone who might be new to the sport of wallet emptying and may not understand the mechanical limits of cheaper galvos (DT-20s DT-30s, ect).

Have you done any destructive testing to see if the Radiator can blow apart or burn up slower galvos?

I'm sure that Bills Saturns could handle frequencies in the gigahertz range at 10 degrees deflection but he is not selling them to single users yet.

Also,
    In your videos on youtube and the facebook, - what galvos are you using? -

Will my abstracts be looking just like yours or will mine look like hash because the Radiator generates too fast a whatever and my galvos cant handle it? (just woke up N cant think without my coffee).
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Great questions!

Most of the videos I've been posting were either made with an X-laser mobile beat mirage (i think those are pt-30's), or one of my custom projectors (one with dt40w's and one with dt-40 pros).

We have a hard size control from the "Output" control system (shown in the photograph) and then we have a Master size control that controls the size value from 0 to the level specified in the Output size control.

We have not tried destructive galvo testing. If someone wants to send me a set of galvos to destroy, I'd be happy to hammer on them, but....

We are working on some output filtering to try to protect users from themselves. No methods are fool proof and I think the absolute key is user education. If the image distorts, does unexpected things, or the galvos start making angry sounds, back off.

The presets and animations I'm creating for the Radiator are designed for a decent set of 30k scanners. Saturns or ct6215's would be wonderful, but it's more important for us to make content for "typical" projectors instead of more rare and high end ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3866.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	56520

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Howdy.
    Galvo limits.

Is there a maximum *size* of image you can create with this?
    Is there a top *speed* or frequency that the radiator can generate? Not that I want such a stupid thing.

I'm using CT 6800s and CT 6215s so I'm pretty familiar of the limits of my galvos. I would be mildly concerned about where the red line would be.
    I'm thinking of anyone who might be new to the sport of wallet emptying and may not understand the mechanical limits of cheaper galvos (DT-20s DT-30s, ect).

Have you done any destructive testing to see if the Radiator can blow apart or burn up slower galvos?

I'm sure that Bills Saturns could handle frequencies in the gigahertz range at 10 degrees deflection but he is not selling them to single users yet.

Also,
    In your videos on youtube and the facebook, - what galvos are you using? -

Will my abstracts be looking just like yours or will mine look like hash because the Radiator generates too fast a whatever and my galvos cant handle it? (just woke up N cant think without my coffee).
    Last edited by swamidog; 04-18-2020 at 10:53.

You must include a “swami inside” sticker with every radiator.

i'll just leave this here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_C37E484B81D3-1.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	56528

Glad to see progress is still being made on manufacturing. Excited to get my hands on this hardware. All the videos that have been posted certainly have given us all eyecandy to dream about.