Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

Default Sync. .. audio and usb

Hi guys .
    How do i sync this via usb to a midi dignal from a pc. Also i see it should sync to audio but when i run a signal in i get a low level on tne audio test and no visible signs of sync. Any help?
    Thanks
    Frazer

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Akairipper View Post
    Hi guys .
    How do i sync this via usb to a midi dignal from a pc. Also i see it should sync to audio but when i run a signal in i get a low level on tne audio test and no visible signs of sync. Any help?
    Thanks
    Frazer
    Hi, Radiator does not speak usb midi. For midi control use the dedicated 5 pin din midi ports. For audio control, use the vu modes (selectable as the warp type) in the LFO's.

From the manual:

Audio Inputs
    The LFO can be driven by audio signals input on the two 1/4” audio input jacks. The audio controls are
    mapped via the warp functions, and some of the warp types modify the LFO signal in response to audio
    inputs. Audio inputs are hard-wired to the three LFOs as follows:
    • LFO1 - audio in L and R
    • LFO2 - audio in L
    • LFO3 - audio in R

For more information, please see the manual: https://www.neoncaptain.com/uploads/...l_20201013.pdf
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default recording time length

wow, I read the entire radiator manual, It's impressive, packed full of features. well thought out and designed! Roberta, M certainly likes hers!
    What is the max time length of a recording allowed?
    I am finding it hard to cash in my metal assets knowing the value is increasing every day, how about that Platinum, all ready over 1k$ an ounce, It's out performing gold and silver, regardless I can't seem to let any of it go knowing the future predictions values, even my bundle of gold backs are worth more than I paid for them.
    I am pinching pennies so by January 2021 I'll be able to buy your dream machine "Radiator" YAE!
    Reading the Radiator manual on the MIDI in and outs, was not sure if my APC40MKII would plug up to it, which would make my wife user assessable to the Radiator if it will work in that manor (she is blind).
    the APC is a good lay out for her to use with out having to Braille every control point, this may be stupid Question, it's a honest one.

Sorry to interfere Lasertize , but I would like to know the difference between HTZ and K PPS.In the manual it is stipulated that you must not exceed 60 HTZ; But what does this mean in K PPS? I don't have a laser but only a video projector at the moment and I am having trouble understanding the values for a laser scanner.

Default 60hz ver kpps

Quote Originally Posted by tertior View Post
    Sorry to interfere Lasertize , but I would like to know the difference between HTZ and K PPS.In the manual it is stipulated that you must not exceed 60 HTZ; But what does this mean in K PPS? I don't have a laser but only a video projector at the moment and I am having trouble understanding the values for a laser scanner.
    Tertior,
    not a problem, this is simple to understand.

60hz is the frequency or cycles per second that the line voltage supplied to the projector. If you live in the united states the line voltage(source voltage) supplied to you house is 60Hz. depending on which part of the world you live in will determine the incoming voltage Hertz (Hz). if you are unsure of the Hertz were you live ask an electrician or the electrical company that you buy your electricity from.

Kpps is the speed of your projectors scanners movement, the (k) stands for 1000 the (pps) stands for passes per second. the scanners are the part of the laser projector that move the reflective optics (mirrors) thus moving the projected laser beam into the viewable pattern. Good quality projectors have an over scan protection built into the scanners to keep them from being over driven which dose destroy them, then they have to be replaced.
    Example; 30 Kpps means that beam line moving by scanner in any pattern," lets say for simplicity sake" is a linear line 30Kpps is 30000 passes over and over making the that visible line in laser light in one second of time passage.
    dose this help your understanding of the difference between Hz and Kpps?

Default more info on 60Hz and Kpps

Utility Frequency

The utility frequency, (power) line frequency (American English) or mains frequency (British English) is the nominal frequency of the oscillations of alternating current (AC) in a wide area synchronous grid transmitted from a power station to the end-user. In large parts of the world this is 50 Hz, although in the Americas and parts of Asia it is typically 60 Hz. Current usage by country or region is given in the list of mains electricity by country.

Utility frequency - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_frequency

Default Kpps

What does kpps mean?

Kpps is the abbreviation of kilo point per second. Thus, the performance of the different scanners (galvanometer scanner, graphic projectors) which are on the market can be compared. The higher the scan speed of a graphic projector the higher the quality of the projected image. If the projected image “flickers”, then it is too “big” for the existing scanner, that means it has too many picture points and this scanner is not able to represent it properly. To make the performance of the scanner comparable ILDA developed a test pattern. This test pattern is used to determine among other things the exact scanner speed. The higher the number of 8° (!!!), for example 60 kpps @ 8°, the better the scanner and the better the projected image. 80 kpps @ 4° is in turn a worse achievement. Therefore you should always compare at 8° with the test pattern of ILDA.

Home >> FAQ >> General Information

ABOUT US

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    Tertior,
    not a problem, this is simple to understand.

60hz is the frequency or cycles per second that the line voltage supplied to the projector. If you live in the united states the line voltage(source voltage) supplied to you house is 60Hz. depending on which part of the world you live in will determine the incoming voltage Hertz (Hz). if you are unsure of the Hertz were you live ask an electrician or the electrical company that you buy your electricity from.

Kpps is the speed of your projectors scanners movement, the (k) stands for 1000 the (pps) stands for passes per second. the scanners are the part of the laser projector that move the reflective optics (mirrors) thus moving the projected laser beam into the viewable pattern. Good quality projectors have an over scan protection built into the scanners to keep them from being over driven which dose destroy them, then they have to be replaced.
    Example; 30 Kpps means that beam line moving by scanner in any pattern," lets say for simplicity sake" is a linear line 30Kpps is 30000 passes over and over making the that visible line in laser light in one second of time passage.
    dose this help your understanding of the difference between Hz and Kpps?
    er ah, isn't "pps" = "points per second", where a "point" is a vector X,Y coordinate point within an image frame?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    er ah, isn't "pps" = "points per second", where a "point" is a vector X,Y coordinate point within an image frame?
    Um, Yes....

The three PDFs of ILDA daffynitions (First Edition, Historical Purposes) here be:

ILDA STANDARDS (photonlexicon.com)

Click on each of the ugly black boxes in the sticky post, and you will be rewarded with PDFs for frame interchange, glossary, and projector wiring/performance standards.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Um, Yes....

The three PDFs of ILDA daffynitions (First Edition, Historical Purposes) here be:

ILDA STANDARDS (photonlexicon.com)

Click on each of the ugly black boxes in the sticky post, and you will be rewarded with PDFs for frame interchange, glossary, and projector wiring/performance standards.

Steve

I was trying to be gentle ;-) Geez, those are truly ugly boxes. Good job!