Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Hi Shivohoj,

I've done bank and preset change via midi without problems. I'm at work right now, but I can post this syntax this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj View Post
    Since I am planning on a slightly larger setup with QLC+ (DMX and Artnet, several moving heads, foggers and Wash lights), Video(Resolume Arena) and a Radiator(via ILDA to a Laser, plus the HDMI signal fed back into resolume with a Blackmagic capture device), I want to automate as much as possible on Radiator.
    Right now , in Corona times, I have a lot of time thinking about new ways to do stuff...

I already tried to control Radiator via Network, see this post: https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...184#post355184
    but swamidog told me this is not the easy way to go.
    Now I hooked a simple MIDI fader device(http://www.doepfer.de/pf.htm) to the radiator, and I can control SOME things on the radiator. Most direct CC-controlled items work fine, these are all that have a number under CC in the manual.
    I didn't check them all, but the Bank Change (CC32) does not work as expected.it should accept values from 0-9, giving access to 10 Banks of 100 presets each. No matter what I send on MIDI CC32 here, the bank does not change on the tiny screen (or maybe it don't change anyways, because it is organised on 100 Banks of 10 Slots each?)
    Furthermore, in each bank, how (with which MIDI CC command) do I select one of the 100 presets and put it out to the laser?
    It NEEDS to be CC, because the software I chose as the central hub(QLC+ 4.12, because it is free and available for Mac , Win and Linux) can send out CC messages OR PC(program change) OR Note Velocity, but ever just one of the three. And I am stuck to CC, because I want to automate all the CC and NRPN(non-registered Parameter Number) values, and have to use CC for that.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Hi Shivohoj,

I've done bank and preset change via midi without problems. I'm at work right now, but I can post this syntax this evening.
    That would be nice.
    I have to congratulate You to Your wonderful piece of Hardware, although I always need to fight the urge to rip it to pieces, assemble it differently and control unheard-of things(like Motors, Robots, Hydraulic cylinders etc.) with it...
    i am entirely new to analog modular synthesisers, i Think it would be less monolithic, more open to tinkering and accessing the inner workings.

While we 're at it: in the list of MIDI CC parameters in the users manual, CC6 is(other than mentioned) NOT Mod P3, but Data Entry MSB. The CC's 7,8,9, all move up one position.

BTW: How did You do so many posts?
    Even sending 100 Posts each day for the last 40 Years would not get You there...( 356*100*40=1.424.000)

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj
    Even sending 100 Posts each day for the last 40 Years would not get You there...( 356*100*40=1.424.000)
    As an unmarried computer programmer (with all the resulting time on his hands), he re-imagined himself as a bot
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As an unmarried computer programmer (with all the resulting time on his hands), he re-imagined himself as a bot
    didn't you seethe little added tagline on every post asking if you want to extend your cars warranty.....

Maybe I can clarify a little.

MIDI Bank and Program Change
    Presets within the currently loaded show can be accessed via MIDI Program Change and Bank Change
    messages. Presets are organized into 10 banks of 100 presets each. Program change values 0-99 can be
    used to select presets in the current bank. Banks are selected using the standard MIDI Bank LSB CC
    message. Send value of 0-9 to access one of 10 banks.

Changing a preset bank or value does not change the page display on the Radiator. They are uncoupled. If you want to change the page use midi cc 82 and a low value to decrement the page or a high value to increment the page. Remember, you are simulating a knob turn so there's no random access, but you could do 10 decrements to guarantee you're at page 0 and then an arbitrary number of increments.

a bank change must be followed up with a program change to activate a preset in the chosen bank... use program change 1-100 (0-99) to select presets within the bank
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default I got one!

SWAMIDOG,

I just bought a Radiator, It's expected to arrive this coming Saturday.
    Thanks for being one of the Creators of the best abstract gens out there!
    Now to find a UV screen to do the effects that you created. Any hints to where to buy one, a large one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    SWAMIDOG,

I just bought a Radiator, It's expected to arrive this coming Saturday.
    Thanks for being one of the Creators of the best abstract gens out there!
    Now to find a UV screen to do the effects that you created. Any hints to where to buy one, a large one?
    sweet! thank you thank you!

i made my own screen my painting cotton fabric with glow paint sourced from here:

https://www.riskreactor.com/glow-in-...t-by-the-pint/

use three or four coats.

please don't hesitate to reach out to me for tutorials and help. most of all, enjoy it and have fun!

Cool uv screen

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    sweet! thank you thank you!

i made my own screen my painting cotton fabric with glow paint sourced from here:

https://www.riskreactor.com/glow-in-...t-by-the-pint/

use three or four coats.

please don't hesitate to reach out to me for tutorials and help. most of all, enjoy it and have fun!
    SWAMIDOG,
    You welcome, realistically I feel the thank yous belong to you!
    Thanks for the screen paint tips and ya i am on the edge of my seat and tip toes awaiting!
    As for reaching out to you for tips and support, count on it!
    I'm dancing on the Sun!!!

Cool UV PAINT

UV PAINT ordered,
    Ordered two 16 oz bottles, You think that would be enough to cover in three coats on an area of 5' x 6' area? If not would order more, which means having to wait a little longer to reproduce your fantastic abstract art!
    To let you know I am a quick learn, and I like to advertise with lasers shows so I will be spreading the laser artwork I produce with the RADIATOR and with reference to it, count on it!