Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Here's some quick video on basic color manipulation (RGB & HSV) with the Radiator.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm in!

Mar 2020 -
    Going to be a long wait...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I'm in!

Mar 2020 -
    Going to be a long wait...
    Thank you!

We hope to be way way sooner! I'd rather be early than late.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Like next week! Wow you are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Like next week! Wow you are fast.
    You'll get to see a prototype next week! Does that count?

Congrads on meeting your goal. KS gets a bad rep for some crappy and sometimes complete scam projects in there but many don't realize how hard it can be to create a proper project and meet your goals. I saw the project in the Tech category main page but didn't realize it was you.

yes it does. I should not tease like that.

Besides the final version will be way better than the prototypes!

Yes KS can rip you off but I will tell you all this isn't going to happen with this project. These people are totally legit. I would NEVER say that about something I was not 110% sure of.
    Get one you will be really sorry if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhrgd View Post
    Congrads on meeting your goal. KS gets a bad rep for some crappy and sometimes complete scam projects in there but many don't realize how hard it can be to create a proper project and meet your goals. I saw the project in the Tech category main page but didn't realize it was you.
    Thank you!

It is absolutely a struggle due to all the scammers on KS, but several people have played on our prototypes. I'm putting my reputation in the laser world on the line with the Radiator so we're working really hard to make it amazing and really fun.

This is my partner Andrew:

https://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/

Default New Stretch Goal

Thanks to everyone who helps us reach $100K! The ILDA frame save feature is now in the works. This will allow those of you who make traditional timeline-based laser shows to use radiator to create beautiful content which can be imported into your favourite software. We think this will offer amazing possibilities for adding the world of live abstracts to pre-programmed shows.

And now are you ready for what's next? We are pleased to announce our next stretch goal, set at $125K CAD.

The Laser Visualizer is a module to be integrated in radiator that will offer live, real-time laser visualizations on a computer monitor, TV or video projector.

The Laser Visualizer module will allow anyone with radiator to preview the output from radiator to any video monitor. This can be used for practicing your performances without a projector, or for recording or streaming a performance online. Additionally it can be used for making beams with a video projector which allows for safe audience scanning effects, or as a unique video source for VJ performances.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser visualizer.gif 
Views:	2 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	55766

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser outputs.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	55767

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    several people have played on our prototypes
    I am one of them. I can fully vouch for what a great piece of gear it is