Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Sal (discothefunkyhippo) was over at my house last night so we fired up a couple Radiators and this happened.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think I need to bring a pillow for the auditorium seats since I think I'll be spending a lot of time sitting in there this year.
    PM Sent...

With three days left in our Kickstarter, time is running out to preorder a Radiator!

We've hit our two stretch goals and we're adding ILDA animation save (via a usb thumb drive) and video output for high quality abstract renderings which can be used as a preview or fed into a video projection or video effects processor for additional eye melty goodness or for simulated audience scanning.

The Radiator supports midi, control voltage, and audio in and out. You can trigger effects from a laser show timeline or use the Radiator to control effects in Beyond, LSX, etc. via midi.

Here's some video of discothefunkyhippo and I playing on two Radiators.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

We brought Radiator prototypes to SELEM (South Eastern Laser Enthusiasts Meeting). SELEM is the largest gathering of Laserists in the United States and the perfect setting to introduce the Radiator into the Laserist community.

The Radiator was very enthusiastically received (many of the SELEM attendees were Kickstarter backers) and during the week we gathered pages and pages of feedback and notes that we're using to make the Radiator even more amazing.

Right now we're concentrating on optimizing the abstract engine and expanding the color modulation effects. As you can see in this video, the output is buttery smooth and HSV (the Radiator supports HSV and RGB color spaces) color manipulation makes for some really cool effects.

I'll just leave this here to show some of the cool effects we're getting from the updated abstract engine.

Default Radiator UV Abstracts

I celebrated my birthday by staying up very very late and teaching the Radiator how to make amazing things with uv reactive surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    I celebrated my birthday by staying up very very late and teaching the Radiator how to make amazing things with uv reactive surfaces.

that is in my opinion one of the best pieces you have ever done I hope you recorded the stream to ilda.

would be nice to see someone blend some rgb in with the glow in the dark for accent.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    that is in my opinion one of the best pieces you have ever done I hope you recorded the stream to ilda.

would be nice to see someone blend some rgb in with the glow in the dark for accent.
    Oh thank you! I did not record this ILDA. We have that working in the new version of the software, but I was using the release we had at SELEM. I took some footage with other colors, but I usually find them to be too distracting to enjoy. Maybe others will have better success.

Looks like I’m going to need to add some UV reactive paint to my Radiator accessory kit!! 😎

Happy Belated Birthday!! 😀
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

yup!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rad-uv-08.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	347.6 KB 
ID:	56010

Name:	rad-uv-07.jpg 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	56011

Name:	rad-uv-05.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	56013

Name:	rad-uv-04.jpg 
Size:	302.5 KB 
ID:	56014

Name:	rad-uv-02.jpg 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	56016

Name:	rad-uv-01.jpg 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	56017

It opens up a whole new style of abstract art.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Looks like I’m going to need to add some UV reactive paint to my Radiator accessory kit!! 😎

Happy Belated Birthday!! 😀
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rad-uv-06.jpg  

rad-uv-03.jpg