Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

looks like the head of an anime character

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Glamor shots and videos in a bit... I'm swamped prepping for my art installation at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, but.

Here's the first pic of the production model Radiator:

Attachment 56328
    Sweet!! Looks awesome!!
    I think it will just fit in the one clear spot left on my studio desk...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

It is a thing of beauty that you and Andrew have brought into being. Thank you both for the dream, vision, and blood/sweat/tears.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    It is a thing of beauty that you and Andrew have brought into being. Thank you both for the dream, vision, and blood/sweat/tears.
    Thank you Brad!

We really hope people love these things and we've thrown the kitchen sink into a small metal box that we're really proud of.

Here's some footage from banging on the color / intensity modulation settings.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I like I like I like

It is like Christmas....as a KID !!! The anticipation builds.....x 100 !! I passed the " Event Horizon " of " Gotta have one of Dez " ….quite some time ago. !!! Just WOW !!!!!
    Thanx !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Default Updated Radiator Model

Looks like the Updated unit....with on-board screen....has a higher price....1100.00 USD vs. 900.00 USD....Is this correct. ?? ...not that I am Bitching....Just wanted to verify...and delivery pushed back to June....again..no problem...just verifying !! Thanx !!! CDBeam
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Looks like the Updated unit....with on-board screen....has a higher price....1100.00 USD vs. 900.00 USD....Is this correct. ?? ...not that I am Bitching....Just wanted to verify...and delivery pushed back to June....again..no problem...just verifying !! Thanx !!! CDBeam

so do we hav3 to kick more in to get that model or is the original pledge cover it. If more where to send the funds? Never saw a request for this

The extra features you are seeing in the latest news releases are a direct result of the overwhelming success of the original kickstarter campaign. Because so many people signed up, they were able to meet some of their "stretch" funding goals, which allowed them to add additional features to the Radiator. That's where the LCD display came from, among other upgrades.

Short version: No, you don't have to pay extra. If you got in on the original Kickstarter deal, you will get all the bells and whistles they're showing off now. (I can't wait!)

Adam

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Hi folks,

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I’m in NY right now setting up at art installation at the Brooklyn Academy of Music for their Teknopolis event.

The prices posted for the Radiator (both Kickstarter and pre-orders on the website) were just pre-rellease prices. As we get closer to shipping, we’ve jumped to the release price. If you pre-ordered, or bought in on the Kickstarter, you’re locked in and good to go.

The lcd display was always listed on the Kickstarter. It just was not present on the prototype units we built to run the Kickstarter around and we tookto SELEM and used in the preproduction videos. Remember, the production units do not require a host computer or outboard dac.

I’m not sure about shipping time. The corona virus is creating parts shortages for way too many things and we’re negotiating with a new pcb board manager right now.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to email neoncaptain3@gmail.com (fastest) or here (slower) if you have questions.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.