Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Oh, I totally plan to!

We just moved, so I have yet to set up my workbench, tools, and parts, but once I get that done (after some rehab and painting work), I'll get right on that.

Oh, and I guess I need a Radiator.
    i heard you can get Radiators here: https://www.neoncaptain.com
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i heard you can get Radiators here: https://www.neoncaptain.com
    Let me know when you have any scratch-n-dent specials.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Let me know when you have any scratch-n-dent specials.
    i'm afraid there's quite a long line
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Swamidog, what happened to the video you first posted today of your Radiator imaging projecting on the luminescent screen? That was awesome and deserves more views.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Swamidog, what happened to the video you first posted today of your Radiator imaging projecting on the luminescent screen? That was awesome and deserves more views.
    this one? it should still be available.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    this one? it should still be available.

That's it, thanks. I was just caught off guard by your post of it disappearing from this thread.

Default Radiator

So I got my Radiator almost three weeks ago and Ive been working with it nonstop. Its a heckuva machine and Ive been exploring around on it quite a bit. I am mainly using it with my mixed gas Laser Physics whitelight. I love it. Check out my facebook page for some live sessions Ive done just mucking around on it.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I am incredibly pleased to announce the International Laser Display Association (ILDA) has honored
    our Neon Captain Radiator Laser Synthesizer with a coveted Fred Fenning Technical Award.

The Fred Fenning awards honor the greatest technical achievements in the laser display industry around the world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	radiator_ilda_FFTAaward20.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	57348

Default Inconveniently fine tuning for the Mod P1, P2 and P3 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    That would be great. In my day it was never about making .05 hz movements. Of course (excepting maybe Danube & colormod 2) we didn't had that ability.
    I also noted that the Mod P1, Mod P2 and Mod P3 knobs (as well as their "softknob" in the menu) have an incredibly fine resolution.
    You have to turn the wheels ten Steps to get a 1% change in whatever they control.
    To get from 0% to 100% you need 1000 steps, that is (with 20 Steps per Rev) 50 whole revolutions!

This is rather annoying.
    Is there a reason for this?
    Can we have those controls in 1% per step, like most other controls?
    Should you ever need this ultra-fine tuning, you can still use the fine tuning by pushing some other button(forgot which one).

Speeding up the turning does not make any difference, in my experience.

For sure.. The best way to give us feedback is to email us at neoncaptain3@gmail.com, but I will also scrape this thread and consolidate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj View Post
    I also noted that the Mod P1, Mod P2 and Mod P3 knobs (as well as their "softknob" in the menu) have an incredibly fine resolution.
    You have to turn the wheels ten Steps to get a 1% change in whatever they control.
    To get from 0% to 100% you need 1000 steps, that is (with 20 Steps per Rev) 50 whole revolutions!

This is rather annoying.
    Is there a reason for this?
    Can we have those controls in 1% per step, like most other controls?
    Should you ever need this ultra-fine tuning, you can still use the fine tuning by pushing some other button(forgot which one).

Speeding up the turning does not make any difference, in my experience.