Thread: SELEM -- Sorry I won't be there in person this year, but...

Default SELEM -- Sorry I won't be there in person this year, but...

Hey guys,

As someone who had been to SELEM for 11 years in a row, I'm sorry to miss this one, but I'm in the midst of managing 5 separate projects (that is, in addition to the normal software projects we normally have going on), and with so many interns here, I'm just not able to get away from the office this year.

However, in my stead Pangolin has funded three people to travel to SELEM. Aaron McDonald, Lyra Letourneau, and Ryan Smith will all be there and will be bringing some fun gear as well!

Those three are real power-houses with amazing knowledge spans and creativity, but if there are any questions that they are questions that they are not able to answer, you can feel free to contact me by telephone, by email, by private message, or smoke signals ;-) I will be at the office all weekend, so the normal 1-800-PANGOLIN phone number will get through to me.

I did take a few minutes to make a video greeting, which you will find here:
    https://youtu.be/yDi635gYh_g

Best regards,

William Benner

Wow! Impressive stuff Bill.

Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thank you for this, Bill. Several of us watched the video last night and are excited to learn more about MachDSP 2.0 (or whatever it will be named.) Please post updates as your work progresses. Hopefully we will see you next year!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Lyra actually played this video at the start of the "What's new at Pangolin" presentation. Everyone in the room was quite impressed with the improvements to the Mach DSP amps. Crazy-wide scan angles for the win!

I'd also like to thank Pangolin for their continued support of SELEM, going all the way back to the very first one back in 2007. And the door prizes that were donated this year were exceptionally generous! (I'm sure Dimitry - aka Hobbybob - didn't get much sleep Saturday night because he was dreaming about what sort of projector he will be putting his new Saturn scanners in...)

Lyra's presentation was very well received, and not just because of all the tech she discussed. She also addressed some of the changes behind the scenes that will be rolled out soon to help streamline the customer service side of things at Pangolin. The plan for new, short, focused instructional videos on how to do specific tasks in Beyond, for example, is a welcomed change. Same goes for the new support ticket queue system that will route e-mails to multiple people to ensure faster responses. And hopefully with the new facility coming on line the backlog for scanners will soon be a thing of the past.

While we were all sorry that you couldn't make it this year Bill, we nonetheless greatly appreciate all you and your company have done to help SELEM grow.

Adam

Bill,

Having the Pangolin team attend SELEM is always wonderful. I look forward to speaking with them each year, and hearing about the upcoming changes.

Thank you for all that you, your team, and Pangolin as a whole does for the community. The innovation that Pangolin brings to the table is a key driver in advancing the art form, both technically and creatively.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Last edited by bradstockdale; 08-16-2019 at 03:20.