Thread: lightspace systems

Default lightspace systems

I've decided it's time to get a couple projectors with a little more power. The Venus systems around 2.5W I saw at the club during SELEM seem about right. Someone mentioned the Starburst systems Lightspace offers. How are they for graphics? If I wanted to upgrade the scanners later on, would it be hard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    I've decided it's time to get a couple projectors with a little more power. The Venus systems around 2.5W I saw at the club during SELEM seem about right. Someone mentioned the Starburst systems Lightspace offers. How are they for graphics? If I wanted to upgrade the scanners later on, would it be hard to do?
    Ive got a pair of 3W starbursts used primarily for gfx/abstracts. They're great little projectors! The scanners are advertised as 40k, but they’re really more like 34k. Color modulation could be better on the low end, but for the price, they're great projectors and I’ll put up with that

It’s probably possible to swap out the scanners and amps for something better. Be forewarned, they’re built very densely and there is not a lot of room to move around inside of the enclosure when you’re working on the projector. I had to swap out a board on one of mine and just getting the old board out was tricky. FML if I hadn’t used a magnetic screwdriver.