Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

Oh God no. The control panel's pot was a fine adjustment not by any chance a master control. There could have been a resistor in the wire list to set the manual control's effect... I haven't looked yet.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Shown here: 4558 op amps in the SPGN ramp generator not performing equally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4558_op_amps_not_equal.jpg  

Looking at the schematic (& BOM) r8 & r9 should be 4.7K there's a conflict for r30 the schematic calls for 330k and the BOM 82k. I'd check all of the component values, and consider that the substituted matched transistors could cause some issues.

The AMUX signals were all 0-10V. The fine rate may have had 5V on the other side....
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

The fine freq adjust according to the wire list has 15v on one side and the spiral rate to the wiper and the other side of the pot floating.

Here at last is a link to video of the first test of the Spiral Generator under control of the 351 data track. The control signals are being produced on a BELA low latency audio device. This oscilloscope video looks squirrely because the cycloid input to the modulator is an untuned circle produced by a CYGN-A oscillator visible on the leftmost strip of breadboard. After completing and testing the remaining switching and routing functions of the spiral board, I will connect the 6b cycloid generators as the input and see how the results can be improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4D29kXfUoM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPGN_under_351_control.jpg  

Greg,

This is so fantastic! I can't claim that I know the number, however. This is one of the few Laserium shows we never performed in San Francisco, so I'm unfamiliar with the choreography. It's so amazing what you have accomplished. I'm in awe.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Here at last is a link to video of the first test of the Spiral Generator under control of the 351 data track. The control signals are being produced on a BELA low latency audio device. This oscilloscope video looks squirrely because the cycloid input to the modulator is an untuned circle produced by a CYGN-A oscillator visible on the leftmost strip of breadboard. After completing and testing the remaining switching and routing functions of the spiral board, I will connect the 6b cycloid generators as the input and see how the results can be improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4D29kXfUoM

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Greg,

This is so fantastic! I can't claim that I know the number, however. This is one of the few Laserium shows we never performed in San Francisco, so I'm unfamiliar with the choreography. It's so amazing what you have accomplished. I'm in awe.

Ron
    Greg truly meets the criteria for Laserium shows archeologist. Congratulations!

I'm confused over a small amount of unclear information in the SPGN schematic. Excerpts attached. There are a total of 8 gate pins among the two Intersil analog switch ICs. The information stating what connects to each happens not to have made it into the .pdf document. As can be seen, two of the gates are labeled with a "5" or a "Z" or a smudge. I may be overlooking something obvious, but at present I don't see what that means.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spiral_board_routing_switching.png  

Greg,

I went back to my actual paper documentation just in case the PDF scan was missing something, and unfortunately, the PDF is an accurate rendering of what I currently have (makes sense since I was the one who made the PDFs in the first place for the archive...). Maybe one of the other Laserium Laserists out there has their "blue binder" with a better copy?

Sorry,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm confused over a small amount of unclear information in the SPGN schematic. Excerpts attached. There are a total of 8 gate pins among the two Intersil analog switch ICs. The information stating what connects to each happens not to have made it into the .pdf document. As can be seen, two of the gates are labeled with a "5" or a "Z" or a smudge. I may be overlooking something obvious, but at present I don't see what that means.

It's an r with a line over it. Indicating inverted spiral reset. And a d with a line over it indicating inverted spiral direction. If you look at the top right on the drawing the three gates generating those signals can be seen. The pdf does cut off the outputs but it should be self explanatory.