Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 80868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

A square wave on 352 master gain orthogonal to the spiral sweep would do that with a swept spiral.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Sorry about the clash of frame rate and sweep speed, but here at last is a demonstration of the panel being played. This includes swept spirals, PDM blanking, CYGN-A, CYGN-B, and a spiral within spiral effect using four quadrant multipliers.

https://youtu.be/X_U1u-_TGEs

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    A square wave on 352 master gain orthogonal to the spiral sweep would do that with a swept spiral.
    Two things not shown in this video are that, but it's coming. I'm trying the bela oscillator bank class for this. And the licks near the beginning where the variable sweep rate control is brought down and then up aren't there, but only because I forgot to turn the dial, and can be dropped in.
    Last edited by Greg; 01-25-2024 at 19:13.

🎯Excellent progress, Greg!
    👏👏👏
    😎
    What goes around, comes around;
    We project what others reflect.

Nice............
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Here's a link to the now complete tribute to the L.A. Woman laser show number. Here's a second link to the original number which served so well as a measurement against which to calibrate the emulator. The dogloids featured mid song are true dogloids generated new by the Commodore 64, and size changed through the master gain on the panel. By embarrassing mistake I brought the dogloids down to dots in the mojo risin sequence climax. Obviously the logic of when they come in is working correctly.
    In the current system, scripted show editing cues are taking the place of the override switches.

tribute number:
    https://youtu.be/ObP0rdOz-bQ

historical number:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1rICUGSULU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swept_spirals_5.jpg  

Greg,

I was having Laserium flashbacks watching your stuff. Great job!

Ron

PS. Flashbacks from viewing your stuff on the web are far safer compared to hearing music while I'm driving and having flashbacks then!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Here's a link to the now complete tribute to the L.A. Woman laser show number. Here's a second link to the original number which served so well as a measurement against which to calibrate the emulator. The dogloids featured mid song are true dogloids generated new by the Commodore 64, and size changed through the master gain on the panel. By embarrassing mistake I brought the dogloids down to dots in the mojo risin sequence climax. Obviously the logic of when they come in is working correctly.
    In the current system, scripted show editing cues are taking the place of the override switches.

tribute number:
    https://youtu.be/ObP0rdOz-bQ

historical number:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1rICUGSULU

For those interested, some Great words regarding the SAGE computer now exist. To summarize, there is a wiki entry for SAGE here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sage_Computer_Technology

Edited source material:
    This image on wikipedia shows a huge computer, but the one of interest was a small shell with several dedicated boards and the controller included four function assignable shaft encoders.
    The exciting vibe at the time (mid 80s) was the new 68000 processor, the core of the custom sage system discussed here. It could create a 'point output' rate much, much faster than alternate systems at the time. Plus, it did NOT have a 'reset point', a moment on every refresh that the computer stopped to think. Having no reset point meant the rate of anything could be sped up and it would stay solid, allowing smooth color-mod and chopping from the mk6b console.

Default These Laseium Christmas carols are a hoot!Please post more from behind-the-scenes...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Christmas carols page 8

These Laseium Christmas carols are a hoot! Please post more material from behind-the-scenes...

Quote Originally Posted by dougmcc View Post
    These Laseium Christmas carols are a hoot! Please post more material from behind-the-scenes...
    I wish I had more material of this nature to post. Here's a photo I found online a while back. I'm not sure what is going on here (obviously that is Ivan) but the interesting detail in this photo is the small box on the table which, upon a close look, must be a CYGN-B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CYGN_B_in_a_box_on_the_table.jpg  

CYGN_B_in_a_box_on_the_table2.jpg  

Here is a 3D view of the Multabela Harness PCB currently under review prior to ordering. This replaces the current prototype which consists of a card cage with one soldered board, two wire wrap boards, three strips of bread board and a plate of spaghetti.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails multabela_harness_3D.jpg