Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: CYGN-B

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Laserium’s 351 data used three pulse rates. The fundamental pulse duration was .074 mS. A zero toggled the current state for .074 mS and toggled back for .074 mS. A one toggled the current state for .148 mS. (Notice the duration of a zero and one are equal.) The 160 bit frame began with a sync word that toggled the current state for .296 mS 4 times. (notice than one a single bit changing inverts the waveform…) To decode I would skip most of the analog stuff on the 352 card. I’d keep the first 3 op-amp circuits on the card’s input and then use a microcontroller to count the time between the zero crossings of input data to decode.
    That's a good explanation. Attached is a redraw of the 352 card first three op amps schematic. Was DATA RETURN important? I'm putting together an order which includes the capacitors I need to build this.

Success so far regarding the 5 channel XY-RGB recording of the 6B rebuild output with the DATAQ data logger. Attached shows data capture, laserboy import following custom data format conversion, and the test graphic 6b to laser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 352_redraw.png  

XYRGB_graphs.png  

XYRGB_LB.png  

XYRGB_test.jpg  

Laserium typically used a Teac 3340 four channel open reel tape deck for playback prior to ADAT. The Teac's had unbalanced outputs, and so did the dBX units the audio channels ran through. The Mark 6 had 600 ohm line balancing transformers for audio (for audio mod) and data mounted on the back of the 351 card cage. Without the data return your signal would be floating and the resulting signal would be totally subject to the whims of your environment. Without the transformers the audio and data would be vulnerable to hum from ground loops.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Laserium typically used a Teac 3340 four channel open reel tape deck for playback prior to ADAT. The Teac's had unbalanced outputs, and so did the dBX units the audio channels ran through. The Mark 6 had 600 ohm line balancing transformers for audio (for audio mod) and data mounted on the back of the 351 card cage. Without the data return your signal would be floating and the resulting signal would be totally subject to the whims of your environment. Without the transformers the audio and data would be vulnerable to hum from ground loops.
    btw: Anyone need or want a Teac 3340? I have one available w/user manual. Send PM if interested.

Vintage audio gear is going for a premium now. There are all kinds of places you could find a value and list it.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    Either do or do not do. There is no undo!