Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

Steve,

Here are the only docs I have (which should about be all that you need...)

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Anyone have the manual for these scanner amps?
    361 71 D

They will probably end up with Greg.

Three of them were in a non-laserium projector at SELEM and followed me home.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    snip

[/COLOR]Brian: I'm wondering if I am overlooking a 3.28 MHZ oscillator circuit somewhere in the 6b-DNUB.pdf

Snip
    U1 - MC4024 is the 3.28 MHz osc. Top left on the schematic.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Anyone have the manual for these scanner amps?
    361 71 D

They will probably end up with Greg.

Three of them were in a non-laserium projector at SELEM and followed me home.

Steve
    The guys in R&D were developing those after The Beatles show premiered. Ivan brought Sam M. in as president, and Sam negotiated the Beatles licensing deal. Looking back that was pivotal time for Laserium, but Sam didn't have the slightest idea what Laserium was about, was profoundly hard of listening, and pivoted the wrong way.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The guys in R&D were developing those after The Beatles show premiered. Ivan brought Sam M. in as president, and Sam negotiated the Beatles licensing deal. Looking back that was pivotal time for Laserium, but Sam didn't have the slightest idea what Laserium was about, was profoundly hard of listening, and pivoted the wrong way.

That was a "gentleman" I could have done without meeting. We'll leave it at that.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Steve,

Here are the only docs I have (which should about be all that you need...)

Ron
    Thanks Ron,

That is more than enough.

This amplifier is a work of art. The output topology is amazing.
    What more can I say, I stared at the schematic for a full hour and then said a Prayer of Thanks for the beauty!

I shipped a little something surplus to Greg. He's going to need quite a few more of this amp. I'll let him reveal it when the time comes. At least five more units.

Thanks, DZ for pointing it out at the Keefe memorial sale at SELEM.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-09-2022 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The photo with the pots & caps are joystick parts, there should be a round aluminum disk about an inch in diameter with a 1/4 inch hole on axis and a threaded radial hole in it for the joystick shaft, and a second threaded radial hole to lock it onto the y? axis pot. The L-brackets with the two 3/8 inch holes gets a hub with a setscrew that lets it clamp onto the x axis pot and the y axis pot goes through the other hole. The L-bracket with the 3/8 inch hold and the two threaded holes is the x axis pot mount. The pots pictured are 1mOhm reverse audio taper pots that turn the voltage follower on the JSGC into 1st order low pass filters for dampening. The mess of little aluminum parts and springs are mostly scan glass parts with a scattering of em-20 mounts and apertures. The little board is a JSGN - Joystick gain control board. It lived inside the joystick boxes, and controlled gain and offset of the joystick pots. It was designed backwards. They put the gain in front of the offset which made aligning the gain and offset an iterative process instead of an align the offset then align the gain process.
    I have never seen a slotted can galvo, but the thing in the photo is what I imagine one would look like. Or is that the round aluminum disk about an inch in diameter with a 1/4 inch hole on axis that is part of the joystick? Shown in the photo is as much as I can get of the joystick together. I don't see how the ball threads onto those brass sleeves, nor what connects the stick onto the pot.

I notice that em-20 mounts and apertures are among the items I have previously received from Brian. These may now become relevant, as I have today received from Steve a constellation of many galvos, all vintage GSI, hence the need for all the scan amps. The crux of the business is four XY mounts with galvos. Thank you for this contribution, Steve. This hardware brings the goal of a 4 channel system that will look the same as the original Laserium scan system significantly closer.

There is much to be worked out, namely the amps and the obtaining and mounting of RGB modules. Then, the 4 channel RYGB torquer circuits. My current tasks are the 351 (as ASCII hex) import to bela function, and a parts orders for the the amps which Steve has, and for which Ron has recently provided the documentation for. As well, a parts order for for the Danube board is being worked up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails joystick_parts.jpg  

The steel rod and the three pieces of brass tubing are for a scan glass mechanism. There are a number of old and new style scan glass mounts in the mess I sent.

For the joystick: You need a one inch disk with a 1/4 inch hole in the center that also has a hole drilled and tapped radially to attach to the pot. It may have a slotted clamp or setscrews to hold it on the pot's shaft. Screw a threaded rod into the disk, slide a piece of brass tubing over the threaded rod and screw the ball on the shaft.

Email me on the existing amps.

Steve

Default Chopper cup

Greg, that cylindrical can with the slots was the chopper mechanism from the original Mark 4 projector before the advent of AOM's or PCAOM's. We chopped the beam, which went through the two slots, mechanically. That cup was mounted on a big-ass, but slow, scanner. The one nice aspect of this type of chopper is that the beams "tailed off" in intensity rather than having "sharp edges" like those produced by AOM's. You couldn't do most of the effects we do with AOM's, but it had its own aesthetic.

Ron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chopper.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	59072
    Last edited by ronhip; 08-12-2022 at 21:33.

For the record the slotted can chopper was used on the Mark VI until the Beatles show mods.