Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My loss may be your gain

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Just hope, when the Powers-That-Be Realized how Valuable You are, they showed appropriate appreciation.
    That's certainly a nice thought but, I am at the same rate of pay since June 1, 2012. However.... as a result of all this drama recently, I think it's become much more apparent to my employer that they really had no concept of just what all I actually do and have been doing for 11 years. Several people have all approached them with the same response, "Who are you going to find that can possibly do everything he does??? The thing is, for 11 years, they haven't had to be involved in their business here. They make an appearance from time to time but really have no idea what goes on. It's rewarding to know that they've had the confidence in me to not have to be involved in the day to day operation and, it's nice to not have a boss over your shoulder micro-managing, but as I said, they have no clue what I (we) actually go through and do. I have often said it's basically like being self employed but, I get a regular paycheck.
    PM Sent...

Default BEST WISHES

GOOD LUCK BRAD
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

The more things change.... the more they stay the same. Well... everyone being "happy" was short lived. Things built up to another shit show between the our landlord and owner yesterday and I've continued to exist in a swirling vortex of lies, gossip and backstabbing. I've seen it coming since mid December. However... on a (dare I say) positive note, my mother passed away in November providing the potential for a (albeit frugal) retirement to be dropped in my lap. So I'm in duck and cover mode until the end of the month when I've announced I'm going to take a semi leave of absence to take care of dealing with moms estate and cut back to about 10 hours a week just dealing with the things nobody else knows how to take care of.... until they do. Which means once again - focus on sending things through PM here, on IM on Facebook or, my personal email as I don't know that I'll be using the work e-mail much longer. Gotta love it.
    PM Sent...

Hi Brad,

I am with you -- hopefully the situation will change in your favour!

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Honestly the leave of absence is likely to do wonders for your reputation, since you won't be around to answer questions and solve problems. With any luck they'll even get caught flat-footed a few times. That would put you in a good position to negotiate for the future.

Or, as you mentioned, maybe after you get things straightened out you just decide to tell them to kiss your ass while you sell everything and move to Utila!

Adam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	316_bill01.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	56264Click image for larger version. 

ID:	56264You know the one I have my eye on... It's still available and I can afford it. (Sorry it linked the pic three times)

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	56264
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 01-15-2020 at 12:49.
    PM Sent...

My uncle owns that same house in Pittsburgh. It's insane inside dont do it.

Considering I can take about 120 vacation trips to Utila for what it costs, don't worry. I probably wouldn't but... laser people are known to be crazy.
    PM Sent...

Oh, I don't know... If you sold your house and moved to Utila, it's actually not a bad deal.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The more things change.... the more they stay the same. Well... everyone being "happy" was short lived. Things built up to another shit show between the our landlord and owner yesterday and I've continued to exist in a swirling vortex of lies, gossip and backstabbing. I've seen it coming since mid December. However... on a (dare I say) positive note, my mother passed away in November providing the potential for a (albeit frugal) retirement to be dropped in my lap. So I'm in duck and cover mode until the end of the month when I've announced I'm going to take a semi leave of absence to take care of dealing with moms estate and cut back to about 10 hours a week just dealing with the things nobody else knows how to take care of.... until they do. Which means once again - focus on sending things through PM here, on IM on Facebook or, my personal email as I don't know that I'll be using the work e-mail much longer. Gotta love it.
    Now you can go to all the LEMs with no conflicts.

Also if you sold Mount Lasermore you probably would not need to have a frugal retirement. LOL
    Watching Lasers Since 1981