Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My loss may be your gain

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default My loss may be your gain

Hi All,

Well.... nearly a 12 year chapter to my life is coming to a close. In the coming weeks, I will be transitioning out of the job (and venue) that I have worked at since we opened in 2008. It's the place where the laser addiction was born, been home to Mt. Lasermore and, has provided the education and excitement of lasers to probably hundreds of folks over the years with wedding, proms, sweet 16's and such. I will still be working for the same employer however, have been re-positioned within the company to our cafeteria style commissary in the Delaware County Courthouse about 35 miles from home. It's really all a political move and has been essentially forced on my employer by our landlord. I'm not bitter or have any real animosity. I've seen the writing on the wall for more than a year and honestly haven't been happy here for some time. I'm just fortunate that my employer for the last 19 years likes me and, has an option available since they're upset about the whole situation and realize this isn't completely related to the job that I have done. In a number of respects, I can't wait to get out but, at the same time, I want to help the transition go smoothly as I will likely still be back here doing lasers and lighting for some events well into next year - just as an outside vendor, not unlike a DJ or photobooth company. I'm not about to burn bridges. Actually the new position will allow for more gig opportunities since it's just Monday through Friday probably like 7am-3pm.

What that also means is that, I have a lot of equipment I will no longer have a need for and am presently paying to store. I know I've spoken about purging some things in the past but, it's becoming much more of an economic reality now. I really only need to keep the bare minimum required to fulfill some obligations with weddings and proms that have booked me, as well as a couple bands I work with. Plus what's necessary for the infrastructure of SELEM. Not everything is lasers. There is more conventional type lighting, sound gear (speakers, amps, mic's), hazers and foggers, beam tables, etc. I'll be trying now that I'll soon have more weekend time free, to get things posted with pictures. This won't and can't be overnight as we're about to hit one of the busiest months of the year and, I'm probably going to be doing dual duty at the courthouse as well as trying to keep everything running here. We need to make some hires for people who are capable enough to do all that I did and get them trained.

The big thing is that for those of you that often use my work email address - executivebanquets@... obviously, reach me through here, my Facebook page or, my personal emails if you have them as I'm trying to get the work email cleaned up too.

Life goes on.... and in many respects this is a positive so, that's how I'm treating it.
    PM Sent...

That's surprising. Somehow I thought you owned that business or was part of some family business.

Anyway, good luck. 7-3pm sounds pretty nice. That gives you a lot of free time for the ladies.

best wishes to you brad. One door closes other opens. Just make sure it’s not a window on the top of a large building mistaken for the new door.

Sorry to hear this Brad, but from what you say it sounds as though you were ready for a change. Whatever happens in the future I wish you nothing but the very best, you're one hell of a nice guy and I hope everything works out well for you.

All the best

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Best of luck with the new situation.

Cheers...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Please show me some of your inventory. I'll try to pick up a few things

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Well.... the more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm no longer leaving my job or my facility. I think it became evident that they couldn't find anyone to replace me that does all that I do. We're revamping a few things and everyone seems to be happy.... For now.

However... I do still need to get rid of a lot of lighting stuff so you will be seeing it posted soon.
    PM Sent...

So much for the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Well.... the more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm no longer leaving my job or my facility. I think it became evident that they couldn't find anyone to replace me that does all that I do. We're revamping a few things and everyone seems to be happy.... For now.

However... I do still need to get rid of a lot of lighting stuff so you will be seeing it posted soon.
    Just hope, when the Powers-That-Be Realized how Valuable You are, they showed appropriate appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Just hope, when the Powers-That-Be Realized how Valuable You are, they showed appropriate appreciation.
    Here, here!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"