Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to make animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    The drawing and line work is beautiful. What scanspeed are you using? It looks rather good compared to the traced image when using QT or Beyond. It might also be the video itself, but when using my phone filming the image with the scanners set to 30k it slickers more than I like it to do. My main Projectors have 30K scanners and I don’t want to drive them to hard.

As for the colors, don’t think to much about it. That I can fix myself. It is the animation that I really suck on doing.

if there are only one small detail I might want to suggest can be done to make the anim a little better, it would be to make it a little more smooth between first and last drawing in the animation. It seems like he have gotten a serious limp, but that might be the case since he have just started walking.

ekeefe made me an anim gif that I traced in QS, and despite the flicker it cane out quite nice. A little different style than your version.

Big thanks to you for doing this. Looking forward to see the final result.

Espen
    I haven't optimized the image frames yet. This is primarily the first pass to see how 9 frames look. The first effort I did not post was 8 frames but didn't look as good as 9 frames which uses frame 4 twice. The gated walk is intentional. I'll post another version that should be smoother, but one issue is that the base drawing you provided (frame 6) is a rather unnatural walking "high step" gate, so I tried to optimize this unique leg position and appearance. The first frame is "rope-drawn" and starts the animation sequence beginning with frame 6. The 9 frame loop repeats 10 times before stopping on the 6th "reference" frame. Each frame is drawn 6 times which sets to overall loop-rate. The walk gets faster the fewer times each frame is repeated before going to the next frame. Also, I cheated a little by using frame 4 twice in the sequence as I alluded to earlier. So the frame sequence goes 7,8,4,1,2,3,4,5,6 then repeats 10 times. (Maybe I should make another unique frame (#9) instead of using frame #4 twice.)

I'm using a cheap Chinese 1W projector by Magnum Lighting that probably has 20Kpps scanners being pushed a bit because they advertised it as having 30K scanners. There is no documentation of the scan driver trimmers and so I haven't played with them yet. I don't have my DT-40 scanners and DIY projector operational yet.

Most of the frames scan a bit faster than 30fps, three of the frames are probably around 24fps by guess-timation as I haven't measured them on my oscilloscope yet.

I shot this video with my Samsung S6 using the camera's Pro setting to set the ISO and shutter speed to minimize flicker in the video, but the "chasing worms" effect in this video is due to all 9 frames not having identical frame-rate speeds. ISO=50, shutter speed = 1/45 seconds

I'd sure like to see your QS scanned animated gif results for comparison.

Here is an updated video post: https://youtu.be/48erApRNpRY

I found I have a timing glitch in a recent animation loop software update when making these last two animation versions which omit offending loop commands.
    And no I am convinced I need to refine my frames as some are shifted horizontally incorrectly.
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 12-01-2019 at 15:11.

Espen, here is my QS version of the Dude animation I just posted here: https://youtu.be/3N5cdE9CHAg

Read the youtube video description for more detail.

This was my very first effort using QS to produce an original line-art drawn animation, and QuickTrace to derive the image points from JPG files of each image frame.
    Its a crying shame Pangolin's QS manual and video tutorials do not properly describe this specific process.

In QS the Cue Properties is set to 30Kpps.

UPDATE:
    Now the first 5 frames have been edited in QS to eliminate unnecessary points and reduce point counts. So this is the QS-DudeDemo2 youtube link: https://youtu.be/bRzfgeTV_Cg
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 12-03-2019 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post

UPDATE:
    Now the first 5 frames have been edited in QS to eliminate unnecessary points and reduce point counts. So this is the QS-DudeDemo2 youtube link: https://youtu.be/bRzfgeTV_Cg
    This looks really good. You got skills I dont have, and apreciate the effort you have put into this.

I`ll send you a PM with my emailadress, so that you have a place to send the file.

Again - big thanks to you who have responded to this post. There are still a lot of good and helpfull people out there.

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!